PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 "License Management Error"

Custom Search

D Colour
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello

We have had to perform a NVRAM reset on this machine. Now when it boots up, it will display the message "License Management Error."

Can anyone tell me how to sort this out. We have gone through the setup procedure and double checked the serial number is correct.

Thanks

James

emujo
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
I've only seen the license errors (false) on the B&W mfps. We had a C550 that gave us this when SYS bd was replaced, but it did have a LK-XXX installed prior. You may try taking the firmware down to the earliest version, and then back up in increments applying the HDD firmware ups where applicable. Emujo

JustManuals
08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

SPBE
08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Subject:
What to do if a "License Management error occurred" message is indicated after upgrading firmware or replacing the NVRAM or EEPROM board.
Description:
"License Management error occurred" message.
Solution:
Whenever this message is indicated, it is necessary to perform the Repair operation (see attached "Repair Procedure").
Notes:
1. When replacing the NVRAM or the EEPROM board, if the parts are replaced with used parts, the License Management error condition cannot be resolved by performing the repair operation.
In this scenario, Initialization would then be necessary and support must be contacted.
Additionally, if both the NVRAM and the EEPROM board are replaced, Initialization will be necessary.
IMPORTANT: Perform the Repair Procedure first, then the Initialize procedure. If initialization is required, collect the following information before calling support:

If i-Option was ever licensed on the MFP and if the additional 512MB of memory was ever installed at any time
The firmware level prior to the machine being upgraded to version 88 (bizhub C353 and bizhub C650 series models only)
If the machine ever had firmware version 85 or 86
A history of recent NVRAM or EEPROM board replacement
Obtain a machine Management List and have it ready to attach to the ticket.
A screenshot of the message returned from the LMS if "Repair" was unsuccessful
A "Request Code" from the MFP and the S/N must be obtained in order to start the "Initialization" procedure (see attached "Obtain Request Code" and "Initialize")
2. Make sure to enter the MFP Serial Number, Repair Demand Code and the Request Code in uppercase letters when entering data in License Management Server online.
3. Version 88 firmware refers to the bizhub C353 and bizhub C650 series models. Other models have the correct firmware from factory.
4. To view a PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/media/CPDocs/Reader.gif (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

bronco31
03-31-2015, 05:07 PM
wow.. old thread.. but im working on a good copier! Bizhub601... upgraded firmware (and then it asked upgraded HD) now "License Management error" cant find the repair procedure in the manual :(

any body know how to "repair" ?
thx..

Guy

allan
03-31-2015, 06:03 PM
It works with the LMS server in Japan. Halve of the time it does not work and you need to motivate why you need the codes to repair the machine. i have learned to live with the messages.

The OEM does not like you to fix an old machine with another old machine. And as of late not to fix one machine with another machine at all. Must use new boards or properly reset boards.

Can you log into the LMS site? https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/support.aspx

There is a section in the manual that describes the procedure to fix the error after NVram replacement. Use the manual for this.
And there is a section that explains the HHD problem on the B601.

Did you use the CF card recovery procedure?

bronco31
04-01-2015, 04:19 PM
i have not wiped the CF card to base... and then all the way back to version 20...shd i try that? i assumed the LM error is generated from the NVRAM.

No unable to log into their LM System server... we lost KM support when they decided to dump us as we couldnt sell 5 million dollars of equipment per year!

Thx Allan

allan
04-01-2015, 04:39 PM
there is a recovery firmware that would take it to an special fw version.

emujo
04-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Removal of the License management error can only be done through LMS support. That being said, there was a poster a few weeks back that said he had a "magic" serial number and repair code that would fix any license error. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try, but, having access to KM LMS server I just go that route. Emujo

rysiulg
06-16-2015, 11:09 PM
wow.. old thread.. but im working on a good copier! Bizhub601... upgraded firmware (and then it asked upgraded HD) now "License Management error" cant find the repair procedure in the manual :(

any body know how to "repair" ?
thx..

Guy

I've found this on other site of copytechnet.com with same problem ;)
:

OK for clarity, if you have a problem with "License management error" in _ANY_ machine type, please follow procedure below.

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialize]
4. Use following initialization code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
5. Reboot machine again
6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

ANY means:
Bizhub 421/501
Bizhub 601/751
Bizhub 223/283/363/423
Bizhub 552/652
Bizhub 224e/284e/364e
Bizhub C203/C253/C353
Bizhub C220/C280/C360
Bizhub C224/C284/C364 also 'e'
Bizhub C454/C554 also 'e'
and so on...

bronco31
06-18-2015, 09:03 PM
thx! cant wait to try this.... get rid of that nag screen!

rysiulg
06-18-2015, 09:56 PM
thx! cant wait to try this.... get rid of that nag screen!

There is also possibility to get repair code in few seconds.
On site: https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM you must register and after login as CE you can generate repair code for your machine in few minutes ;)

Found on Copytechnet forum ;)

copierwhisper
06-18-2015, 11:50 PM
I've been down that road a couple times. In each case the product key code was required to resolve the License Management Error because the i-option had been installed. If they are not using the i-option you can request a release code or if they are using the i-option request a repair code from KM via LMS. You must be certified on that machine in order to request the code.

rysiulg
06-19-2015, 08:20 AM
I've been down that road a couple times. In each case the product key code was required to resolve the License Management Error because the i-option had been installed. If they are not using the i-option you can request a release code or if they are using the i-option request a repair code from KM via LMS. You must be certified on that machine in order to request the code.

I've made and download repair code after successfully registered. I'm not certified technician of KM nor any dealer. Registered on my own e-mail address...:)
LicenseManagementError doesn't appear only by i-Option active. If sombody reset nvram (eg with CF card) the switch in NVRAM change that somenthing is wrong and for that reason is Licence Management Error even if you never installed i-Option.

bronco31
06-19-2015, 05:09 PM
There is also possibility to get repair code in few seconds.
On site: https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM you must register and after login as CE you can generate repair code for your machine in few minutes ;)

Found on Copytechnet forum ;)

link goes nowhere

Jorvikps
06-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Replaced the EPROM chip... worked every time for me. They are about £10 from either DEVELOP or KM (in the UK).

I also got very annoyed with this issue for months.

copier addict
06-22-2015, 06:05 PM
I agree with Jorvikps. I have had this issue three times and all three times I was able to solve it by replacing EEPRom. Quick, easy and cheap.

M3HR4N
06-23-2015, 08:46 AM
OK for clarity, if you have a problem with "License management error" in _ANY_ machine type, please follow procedure below.

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialize]
4. Use following initialization code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
5. Reboot machine again
6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

ANY means:
Bizhub 421/501
Bizhub 601/751
Bizhub 223/283/363/423
Bizhub 552/652
Bizhub 224e/284e/364e
Bizhub C203/C253/C353
Bizhub C220/C280/C360
Bizhub C224/C284/C364 also 'e'
Bizhub C454/C554 also 'e'
and so on...

Did anybody try this? Did it work?

fishleg
06-25-2015, 01:02 AM
Did anybody try this? Did it work?

I did on a c253 worked for me :). Amazing bit of info thx very much.

Custom Search