Thanks

knightfall
09-18-2007, 12:34 PM
As written in the s.m.
C0098 Fusing Pressure Roller pressure/
• No change is observed in the encoder sensor pulse retraction
failure even after the lapse of 0.5 sec. after the Fusing Pres-
sure/Retraction Motor has started turning for a
sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s retracting motion.
• No change is observed in the encoder sensor pulse
even after the lapse of 0.5 sec. after the Fusing
Pres-sure/Retraction Motor has started turning for a
sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s pressing
motion.
• The Fusing Pressure Position Sensor is not activated
(pressed position) even when 30 encoder sensor
pulses are counted after the Fusing Pressure/Retraction Motor
has started turning for a sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s
pressing motion.
its either the Fusing Pressure/Retraction Sensor (PC33), Control Board (PWB-MC) or the fusing unit. Hope this help you, good luck.

joneze
09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
As written in the s.m.
C0098 Fusing Pressure Roller pressure/
• No change is observed in the encoder sensor pulse retraction
failure even after the lapse of 0.5 sec. after the Fusing Pres-
sure/Retraction Motor has started turning for a
sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s retracting motion.
• No change is observed in the encoder sensor pulse
even after the lapse of 0.5 sec. after the Fusing
Pres-sure/Retraction Motor has started turning for a
sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s pressing
motion.
• The Fusing Pressure Position Sensor is not activated
(pressed position) even when 30 encoder sensor
pulses are counted after the Fusing Pressure/Retraction Motor
has started turning for a sequence of the Fusing Pressure Roller’s
pressing motion.
its either the Fusing Pressure/Retraction Sensor (PC33), Control Board (PWB-MC) or the fusing unit. Hope this help you, good luck.

Thanks very much

Rudi
09-18-2007, 12:53 PM
What I Have Found Is If You Take Out The Fusing Unit You Will See A White Gear That Looks Like It Might Be The Fuser Drive Gear But It Is Actually The Gear That Puts The Pressure On The Fuser , Anyway That Gear Was Broken.

bgbas
09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Ditto what Rudiman says. Order several they are cheap.
Part Konica # 65JA77100
Minolta #4036257701

gerryhuerta
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
i hate to bring this thread back from the grave but i have a konica minolta c350 and its doing an annoying clicking, snapping noise and its coming from the fuser. the white gear that puts pressure on the fuser, is not broken and looks to be in good shape. i noticed that it is slipping or something is turning it more thatn it wants to because it shakes the entire fuser, so much that the "m2" cover shkes and opens and closes a little bit. any help on what to do? this clicking happens a little bit when the machine is warming up but then once i leave it alone it makes the snapping noise for a long time. any help? thanks in advance.

Stirton.M
06-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Likely the drive gear you spoke of, though in good shape itself, what is driving that might have broken some place inside. Or possibly the pressure gear on the fuser is damaged. Fuser is not serviceable itself, but can be replaced.

Parts are available in the system, but rare, since this is a machine on the doorstep of obsolete. It may be a costly repair, depending on where you are, and if you have service support or not.

See attached PDF for a dissasembly procedure for that drive assembly to get an idea of what is involved if the fuser unit itself checks out as ok. Second attached is the parts listing for the various parts for that section.

gerryhuerta
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
good info. thank you. i have another fuser that the counter reached its end and i will just swap out the chips. i will post up the conclusion of the attempt.

gerryhuerta
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
so i went back with our old fuser and there was no noise coming from the fuser what so ever, so the fuser that belongs to the customer is faulty. i was also wondering, is the clear film that covers the pressure roller (the black roller in the fuser) crucial to the function of the fuser? i thought that it was so the paper wouldn't stick to the roller but i did a couple of prints with the fuser in there and it didn't jam.

Stirton.M
06-11-2010, 11:09 PM
You dodged a bullet there I see Good that it was just the fuser and not something you may or may not be able to obtain parts for.

As for the fuser itself, the film you speak of is a teflon coating. It's primary purpose is yes, to prevent paper from sticking to the roller...but not so much the paper itself, but toner from sticking to the roller.

Without that teflon there, paper will either stick to the roller when heavy toner coverage situations arise and cause a jam, or leave toner behind for it to ghost an image onto the same sheet or the next sheet through.

Either way, it should be replaced. In some situations, large format paper, legal or ledger size, the trailing end of the paper starts to wrinkle when the fuser is worn (in spite of the teflon being there and appearing to be in good shape).

gerryhuerta
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
okay good deal, will swap that roller out.

fishleg
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
You dodged a bullet there I see Good that it was just the fuser and not something you may or may not be able to obtain parts for.

As for the fuser itself, the film you speak of is a teflon coating. It's primary purpose is yes, to prevent paper from sticking to the roller...but not so much the paper itself, but toner from sticking to the roller.

Without that teflon there, paper will either stick to the roller when heavy toner coverage situations arise and cause a jam, or leave toner behind for it to ghost an image onto the same sheet or the next sheet through.

Either way, it should be replaced. In some situations, large format paper, legal or ledger size, the trailing end of the paper starts to wrinkle when the fuser is worn (in spite of the teflon being there and appearing to be in good shape).

I've also seen this with ageing fusers seems that something obviously wears whether its the rollers or the coating on the rollers but when they come close to the end of their lives they seem to wrinkle the paper more and more. I have never really found a cause for it some do it quicker than others.

Has anyone ever found a cause to the wrinkling ? see it alot would love to know just so I can spot the signs as we have plenty of 2nd hand fusers.........

Cheers,
Fishy

Stirton.M
06-15-2010, 03:25 AM
there was some speculation in my shop that the rubber roller is starting to separate itself from the metal underneath, a bit similar, but not as severe as, the problem seen with C253 series fusers that literally tear themselves apart and leave little bits of rubber all over. Since this cannot be observed directly while in operation, this is merely speculation. And we simply don't have the time or desire to tear a fusing unit apart to investigate. We just replace em when they start to do this. Most of the time I have noted we never see this on fuser units that go through a single cycle. But on occasion when we have reset the counter on a unit that appears to be ok, this issue shows itself eventually on that second run.

gerryhuerta
06-23-2010, 07:04 PM
does any one know why the little black gear int the bottom left of the fuser brake? could it be that the tension on the pressure roller isnt right? any ideas? thanks

Custom Search