PDA

View Full Version : Image Unit Warning c250

Custom Search

repeatcopiers
08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I put a good slightly used imaging unit into a bizhub c250, but the warning to replace is still there? Can I turn that off somewhere in the service mode?

SPBE
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Not unless you reset the chip.

bushy
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
You will have to replace the chip as replacing the unit with another one will not reset the message.
The new chip has a program that resets the message but once it has reset that part of the chip becomes redundant and cannot be used a second time
You could replace the iu with a new one but as soon as you put that iu in a m/c the chip would not reset again.
Hope that is clear
Once a chip or an iu has been installed it will not reset the message more than once.

The chips are only about $15 to buy so dont sweat as you can more than cover your costs.

Good luck

Bushy

ismailf
01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi I have a Bizhub C250 machine, I am a novice.

Machine gives me the following message "need to replace image unit" Can this be bypassed?

Do I need to order another image unit?Which image unit should I order?Is it easy to install?Do I need to reset counters?

How do I used the control panel and view all error messages and configurations?

Kind Regards

mervyn
01-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Read the previous post , you either need to rechip unit or replace it.

ismailf
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi the picture on the screen shows yellow, magenta and cyan image unit. if they are replaced the message will go away?But from the previous post the message still appeared as he used a slightly used imaging unit and had to replace the chip. So it looks like I have to replace the image unit as well as the chip?

Thanking you for your help

SPBE
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
You only have to re-chip if you install a used IU.

ismailf
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi
So new IU no need to reset chip. Is there a way to check these counters?

Regards

Custom Search