PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8050 transfer belt cleaning

Custom Search

MrCMYK
03-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I have been seeing alot of waste toner backing up in the Transfer belt cleaning unit. Sometimes it codes on M18 lock (the motor that drives belt and w/t). The M18 lock is because the cleaner unit is packed solid with waste toner. I cleck out the drive, OK... Check out the W/T system, OK.

I have noticed 2 types of cleaner units on the 8050... the earlier models had a fur brush in the T/B cleaner unit... the mew style has a rubber cleaning roller.

I have never had a problem with the old fur brush type, but ALL of the failures have been on the units with the rubber roller.

Is any one having problems with these units?

trapps
07-29-2007, 06:04 AM
CMYK, there is a patch for this problem, its heat-related and cause by airflow.Make sure m/c is away from wall and filters are not blocked.

random
07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Make sure you have the wider style airbox and leave the filter out, worst case you get a dirty wall that can be cleaned. Solved my problems.

AusiTech
07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah there is a ROM version out to fix it. I agree with the filters as well.
I have had it where the waste toner pipes where blocked and after 4 calls i found
1:Roms
2:striped drive gear on cleaning unit (the D shaft worn)
3:stripped drive belts on drum cleaning units Y & M (behind process carriage on back of machine)
4:striped gear at top left hand side of waste pipes (again D shaft wear).

They should have kept the old style fur brush and put the new mylars in the unit i think.

PS. I hope your toner pipes aren't blocked, what a pain in the ass to clean. The machine i had it happen to i couldn't open the process unit. After yanking for 5 min it came out but the toner pipes were welded to the Y and M drum units!! Huge Mess!!:eek:

Custom Search