PDA

View Full Version : Create counter for desk top printer

Custom Search

tonychew
08-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Is it possible to create a counter for a desk top printer?

pepper38_cnd
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes

Hansoon
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Yes indeed. I can confirm that.

Hans

Darren King
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Just need some wood, some screws and possibly a measuring tape

tonychew
09-06-2011, 03:39 AM
How?

tonychew
09-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Yes indeed. I can confirm that.

Hans

How?

blackcat4866
09-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Does the counter need to hold just the printer or something more?
Start by deciding what dimensions you would like to build this counter. How high off the floor would you like it to be?
How large is the printers footprint? How heavy is the printer? What color would you like you counter to be? I should match the decor in the rest of the room... =^..^=

tonychew
09-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Start by deciding what dimensions you would like to build this counter. How high off the floor would you like it to be?
How large is the printers footprint? How heavy is the printer? What color would you like you counter to be? I should match the decor in the rest of the room... =^..^=

Oops! I think i didn't mention it right! What I want is the meter counter that counts how many copies has printed. Sorry! :D

jonezy999
09-06-2011, 03:50 AM

Oh, a COUNTER. HAHA good one.11639

one ahahah, two ahahah.

Hansoon
09-06-2011, 06:30 AM
The answer is still yes. Yes you can create a counter for a desktop printer to count the "copies" being printed.

BTW: May I cautiously ask what's your main business? Selling potatoes?

Hans

pepper38_cnd
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey Tony, now that we've had a little fun. Your simplest method of tracking number of prints on a Desktop printer is with "Print Management Software" loaded on the PC that does the printing or loaded on the PC that functions as a "Print Server". Just Google it and you will find many solutions, the good ones are not cheap. I hope this helps.

emujo
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Is it possible to create a counter for a desk top printer?

You might get a little more assistance, and a lot less sarcasm if you give a little bit of info as to what you are trying to accomplish..what kind of machine for instance...if it's some $100 office depot inkjet, it's probably not worth the risk of blowing control boards to integrate a small "keycounter" device that increments at each exit sensor pulse. If it's more like a canon/km/toshiba..it probably has this stuff built into it. EMujo

Custom Search