PDA

View Full Version : Error Code CS-6500i w/DF-790 & PH Unit with Error Code C8800 (Finisher Communication Error)

Custom Search

ignacio.cortez
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I've checked all connectors, I've checked all wire harnesses for physical damage, none found, get continuity all across wire harness wires. I installed the DF yesterday and left in the evening, this morning the customer got the C8800, Ran firmware update (without finisher attached; when attached the 4000DF and P-UNIT modules would cause the firmware to stop updating. Possible DF Main board, but I hope not, it's barely been 24 hrs since the Finisher was taken out of the box, and it worked great yesterday before I left.) No issues with DF not connected.

Any ideas?

habik
08-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I had c8800 and it was mismatch of FW between finisher and copier.

but that was on d500mf

hmm looks like board:*(

can you do fw upgrade just on the finisher it self? old finishers were able to do that wiyh CF card..

how about downgrade of fw on machine?

or just return under warranty

ignacio.cortez
08-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I had c8800 and it was mismatch of FW between finisher and copier.

but that was on d500mf

hmm looks like board:*(

can you do fw upgrade just on the finisher it self? old finishers were able to do that wiyh CF card..

how about downgrade of fw on machine?

or just return under warranty

Would love to return it, but Kyocera does not do that anymore, it has to go down to board/component level. Can't downgrade Firmware, it's Ver 1.0 its a brand new mfp with the original firmware. I did not see any CF card slot on the finisher, I think it has to be done via the mfp mainframe.

habik
08-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Eliminate :

\Does another finisher works with the machine? If yes then it is definitely finisher.

Try update FW without the P-Unit.

Unplug all motors, solenoids, sensors. staple units. Keep just live input and switch it on to see how it initialize.

Check the timing table to see what goes first is it motors solenoids or sensors or what combination of what.

Then Follow the table and write down codes each time you plug in a motor,solenoid , sensor and start the machine. It will be longer process but it gives you complex overview whether it is related to devices or actual board.

So you saying Kyocera wants you to pin point and then exchange just the part. I would say the board is usually the most expensive part so send it back and if it carries on the other parts shouldn't be as expensive.

Maybe try exchange EEPROM from another DF-790 finisher. Do FW upgrade and see how it goes. Then install the P-Unit.

Still stick to the eliminate list first :) I would do...just to gain experience. GOOD Luck.

Custom Search