PDA

View Full Version : Canon pulling out of Devon and Cornwall

Custom Search

melmar
08-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Just found out that Canon direct is pulling out of Devon and Cornwall and handing over its entire mif and its engineers to a dealer called Annodata.

seniortech
08-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Just found out that Canon direct is pulling out of Devon and Cornwall and handing over its entire mif and its engineers to a dealer called Annodata.

Do you know the reason behind this, is this going to be rolled out across the uk?

melmar
08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
No, I don't know the reasons behind it though its bound to be cost cutting. Also I don't know if its planned for the rest of the UK or not.

CanonSco
08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Not looking good. First getting rid of all the senior engineers, then this.

I have been servicing Annodata machines on "behalf" of Canon for some time and never been impressed by them or their servicing work. Either did their customers.

The south coast has always been difficult for Canon direct sales, partly due to geography , partly due to the prevalence of smaller dealerships.

I'm sure anybody in the south team that didn't request the voluntary redundancy a couple of month ago will be regretting it now.

Not sure what the future holds for the rest of us.

Dan Dryer
09-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Canon are 'handing over' their Techs to a dealer? How is that possible without offering them a redundancy payment first?

I don't see how they can force employees to work for another company.

melmar
09-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Dan, its perfectly legal for one company to transfer its workforce to another without offering redundancy under TUPEE regulations.

I've also heard but cannot confirm that an area of east anglia is being transfered as well though I stress un like D&C I can't confirm that.

CanonSco
09-10-2011, 09:40 AM
All they will get is their 30 days "consultation" , then transferred over to Annadata.

I don't know what deal Annadata are offering, but they would lose any benefits accrued whilst at Canon.

This is different to the deals offered to everybody a couple of months back to leave Canon anyway.

I have seen adverts for Canon direct looking for High Volume / Professional print engineers in that area, so I presume they are staying.

melmar
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes Canon want one high volume tech to cover D&C also they are keeping one tech to cover two High profile accounts along with employing two new Customer techs one positioned in each of the two accounts.

sx633
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi Dan, its perfectly legal for one company to transfer its workforce to another without offering redundancy under TUPEE regulations.

I've also heard but cannot confirm that an area of east anglia is being transfered as well though I stress un like D&C I can't confirm that.

Speaking as an ex senior tech (as of 6 weeks ago) I reckon you all ought to be worried. Take the money and run I say, as you probably won't get another chance. I did and I'm now working for a lovely dealer in E Anglia, and I've got a nice wedge in the bank. Just put 2 and 2 together guys.
Good luck to all of you.

CanonSco
09-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Speaking as an ex senior tech (as of 6 weeks ago) I reckon you all ought to be worried. Take the money and run I say, as you probably won't get another chance. I did and I'm now working for a lovely dealer in E Anglia, and I've got a nice wedge in the bank. Just put 2 and 2 together guys.
Good luck to all of you.

If the numbers are right for you then , yes , run.

This is not a good path Canon are going down.

We will have virtually no senior techs left in my area. Not only that, but a good proportion of the skilled ( some far more skilled than the supposed senior techs that left / were forced to leave ) guys have decided to go also.

Sad times.

Custom Search