PDA

View Full Version : C 500 PRO

Custom Search

copierlady
08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
WORKING ON A C500 PRO . MACHINE IS CALLING FOR A PM. (DON'T HAVE A HISTORY ON THE MACHINE) CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY ON A PM UNLESS IT WILL SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS (lol)!! PM IS A LITTLE HEFTY ON THESE BEAST.
ANYWAY THE ONLY THING I'M NOT REAL SURE ABOUT IS THIS;
IF YOU ARE MAKING A COPY WITH A LOTS OF BLACKS OR A BLACK ONLY PAGE AND THE MACHINE IS SET IN THE AUTO OR FULL COLOR MODE THE BLACKS ARE WASHED OUT. BUT YOU CAN SWITCH TO THE BLACK MODE AND THEY COME OUT BEAUTIFUL. IS THIS SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR A PM, OR IS THERE ANOTHER ISSUE HERE?
PS THEY HAVE A PARTS MACHINE SETTING TO THE SIDE, AND I THINK DRUMS AND DV'S HVE BEEN SWITCHED AROUND IN THESE TWO MACHINES. COULD THAT BE A PROBLEM WITH THESE MACHINES?
THANKS

nightshade
08-30-2011, 03:49 AM
If you are using Auto or Full color the machine can see the image as color due to the heavy fill (even if only black is on the page) and print a processed black using all 4 colors. Doing so will generally give you a much richer black, but in your case the color units may be worn out so your black now looks like crap.

When you switch to B/W you are forcing it to use only the black drum/developer so if your black supplies are still good, this is where your better image is coming from.

JustManuals
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ianizer
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Run the Adjustment Processes in Keyop Mode.
-I

Ps.

You know, this just kills me.
I really sympathize with the position you're in CL.
Customer doesn't want to spend any money, but complains about image quality...
Plus, we're canibalizing a doner machine and probably have false PM numbers all out of whack.

I'd say it's time to be Tough Tech.
PM on 8050/C500 is no BS scam. It's necessary.

Guy: My car runs rough and smells funny.
Wrench: You need an oil change.
Guy: BS! All you mechanics are crooks!

http://wethearmed.com/Smileys/default/facepalm.gif

copierlady
08-30-2011, 03:58 PM
OK GUYS. THANKS.
TOUGH IS NOT MY BEST GAME, BUT I THINK YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THIS ONE.
JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WAS AT LEAST HEADED THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME FOR THE CUSTOMER TO "PUT UP OR SHUT UP"!
THANKS AGAIN.

PS I JUST LOVE THIS IANIZER:
Guy: My car runs rough and smells funny.
Wrench: You need an oil change.
Guy: BS! All you mechanics are crooks!

mrwho
08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
What I usually do in your position is this:

- First we do the machine maintenance as stated in the service manual and in the maintenance schedule (as Ianizer said, it IS necessary).

- Then, if all of their problems don't go away, let's check what is needed to solve the remaining problems.

That is a professional production machine, as as such it doesn't take well cheap approaches, specially when you don't know about its past maintenance history.

MILLER4157
08-31-2011, 03:38 AM
have you run all of the pm calibrations? you can run an auto gamma adjustment in service mode and determine if the color changes? if you have replaced the black developer you need to run l detect first. if this has not been done go through the procedural adjustments for the develeloping units.

if they have been switched around your t/c detect sensors are not calibrated to the pm cycle. do not reset the counts but try running the adjustments. if they error out, you have no choice but to do a pm. if you reset the counterrs without a pm. voltage is changed for the whole machine process. bias voltage, sep voltage, ccd cal. auto gammma, drum ptential, etc.

Ianizer
08-31-2011, 04:14 AM
TOUGH IS NOT MY BEST GAME...

Well, put on your big girl pants and get to it! ;)

It's not like you have to be an ass about it.
You clearly have a customer who's just trying to save a buck wherever they can.
As their service provider, you possess the expertise to guide them in the most efficient way to care for their equipment.
Making a Franken-copier with a junker they got on eBay isn't the way to do it.
C500 is full of consumables. And they do consume.
There are precious few things you can do to artificially extend life.

The developer could be shot. And if you're swapping back and forth, it's knocking your TD sensors all out of wack.
You could clean the charge wires with paper, but it won't be perfect.
Drums could be tore up... Drum Potential sensors are probably freaking out.
I suppose fuser parts can hang out in there until they're completely toast... (Watch for broken gears.)
Clean all the packed toner out of your Transfer Belt cleaner (I mean spend several minutes vacuuming and alternately rolling it over and tapping it out.) Dust the belt and blade generously with settng powder before renstalling.

Clean, clean, clean!

If it's a low, to moderately low, color volume machine, you've got to instruct the customer on how to run the Adjustment Operations in keyop mode. That's the single best and easiest step for an end-user to take to bring back image quality.

That's about all I got for now.

Wait till they see your estimate for four new developer units sometime after 600K.

-I

RRodgers
08-31-2011, 04:47 AM
WORKING ON A C500 PRO . MACHINE IS CALLING FOR A PM. (DON'T HAVE A HISTORY ON THE MACHINE) CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY ON A PM UNLESS IT WILL SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS (lol)!! PM IS A LITTLE HEFTY ON THESE BEAST.
ANYWAY THE ONLY THING I'M NOT REAL SURE ABOUT IS THIS;
IF YOU ARE MAKING A COPY WITH A LOTS OF BLACKS OR A BLACK ONLY PAGE AND THE MACHINE IS SET IN THE AUTO OR FULL COLOR MODE THE BLACKS ARE WASHED OUT. BUT YOU CAN SWITCH TO THE BLACK MODE AND THEY COME OUT BEAUTIFUL. IS THIS SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR A PM, OR IS THERE ANOTHER ISSUE HERE?
PS THEY HAVE A PARTS MACHINE SETTING TO THE SIDE, AND I THINK DRUMS AND DV'S HVE BEEN SWITCHED AROUND IN THESE TWO MACHINES. COULD THAT BE A PROBLEM WITH THESE MACHINES?
THANKS

Have you cleaned the optics? After that... fix your caps lock key.

Custom Search