PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C6500 with Fiery IC-408 V2.0 System8.2

Custom Search

SCHWARZ
08-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Konica Minolta C6500 with Fiery IC-408 V2.0 System8.2
How to install System Software using USB flash drive on Fiery IC-408 version2.0 system8.2??
Can anyone help me please...

Ianizer
08-30-2011, 06:06 AM
You should be able to download the USB syscode program off the tech site.
-I

SCHWARZ
08-31-2011, 03:18 AM
I was followed the procedural for install System Software using USB flash drive from Konica Minolta technical site and service manual for IC-408.
I was download the Fiery USB Prep Tool but while I execute the setup.exe there was an error code -6002.
I was followed the instruction for the solving error code -6002, but still error.
Any suggestion??
Thank you Ianizer....

emujo
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
use the disk method, tried and true...EMujo

SCHWARZ
08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes, with disk method I can install or upgrade the Fiery. But I want to try install or upgrade with USB flash drive, maybe it can make simple.
Thank you Emujo...

emujo
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes, with disk method I can install or upgrade the Fiery. But I want to try install or upgrade with USB flash drive, maybe it can make simple.Thank you Emujo...

Yeah, I gave up trying to make the USB drive work when we were a canon dealer years ago...never could get it to take. If you have some success, post what you think the problem was ( I'm a big fan of making it easier). Emujo

Ianizer
09-01-2011, 04:52 AM
use the disk method, tried and true...EMujo

Indeed.

And we've spent... how much time now, trying to make it "simple"?

USB method works, but frankly, it's a little convoluted. And you have to install the code onto a dedicated 4G USB drive for each device you intend to load syscode. And that takes nearly as long as to load the Fiery itself. I suppose you could carry around a wallet of USB drives... But for my money, I keep all my ISO files on HDD and just use Daemon Tools Lite virtual disk drive to load.

I know they bill it as so simple and so much faster, but the prep work vs. time saved pretty much kills the efficiency of the whole project. I guess if you were a dedicated Fiery tech and loading syscode is all you do, it might make sense. You could have a drawer full of USB drives ready to grab and go. For the whole-machine tech who loads Fiery code -- let's face it -- not all that often, it begins to look like a solution in search of a problem.

-I

Custom Search