PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 and I get C3101 error code...

Custom Search

PCSControls
08-30-2011, 10:52 PM
We randomly get a C3101 error code and it seems to be temperature related. It never occurs early in the day after turning it on in the morning, after it occurs if we open the right side door near the fuser and rotate the gears by hand, then close things up and clear the error and it will usually run for awhile. SOmetimes we may need to go thur the process several times, then it will work. If I open the right door and let it cool it seems to clear also.

WHen it does mess up it sounds like some gears are grinding when it tries to come back up however I cannot see anything obvious. Our tech was in and recomended replacing the fuser, however we don't have many copies on this machine.

Any thoughts?

nightshade
08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
1. Flash theMFP with current firmware.
2. Perform an I/O Check on PC33 (Fusing Pressure/Retraction Sensor).
3. Check the Operation of M19 (Fusing Pressure/Retraction Motor).
4. Check fusing drive gear for cracks or broken teeth.
5. Replace Fusing Unit
6. If the problem persists, replace PWB-MC control board

Your best option is to trust the judgement of your authorized service provider.

JustManuals
08-31-2011, 12:41 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

MILLER4157
08-31-2011, 03:26 AM
before replacing the fuser. i would clean the pressure retraction sensor. it tends to get crud buildup on the actuator from the fuser. the sensor should be located on the right side the main body; right side of the fuser near the gears. if i remember correctly

Custom Search