PDA

View Full Version : Di351f fax problem

Custom Search

NickTTTA
09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
We got hit by lightning, and the fax line going into the copier/fax was not protected. We no longer get a dial tone, so I assume the card is bad. The printer/copier still works great.

I can not find the replacement

here are the pics, and #s

This card is under the plastic where the paper comes out after being printed. The phone jacks you see are connected to the jacks on the outside of the printer via a phone line.

There is just a 15 pin connector (2nd pic on the bottom of the board, peach/orange in color) that connects the scanner to the modem, then the phone lines going out to the world...

PLEASE can someone tell me where to get this
-Thanks!

bgbas
09-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Are you sure the fax line didn't get fried? An easy test would be to plug a analog phone into the wall jack and see if you get a dial tone.

NickTTTA
09-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Are you sure the fax line didn't get fried? An easy test would be to plug a analog phone into the wall jack and see if you get a dial tone.

Already tested it. We have an older fax machine plugged in right now.

Any idea where to get this card? Or who makes it?

bgbas
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
The minolta part # is 4015103901. Try calling 800-456-5664 this is the KM service supply number but they may be able to direct you to parts dept

NickTTTA
09-22-2007, 04:22 AM
The minolta part # is 4015103901. Try calling 800-456-5664 this is the KM service supply number but they may be able to direct you to parts dept
You, my good sir, deserve a beer!

Cheers! I will let everyone know if they were able to help me on Monday.

hope you all have a great weekend!

Thanks!

wagon
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Hang on, hang on!! BEFORE you rush out and buy a new fax card, please check the 2 green fuses - F1 and F2 - shown on the first photo about half way from the top ... AND any other 'picofuses' that look like that on that pcb. Any competant TV repairman (or electronics technician, etc.) can aquire / replace those if they have failed - and it will be $$ cheaper.

Kendall.

NickTTTA
09-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Hang on, hang on!! BEFORE you rush out and buy a new fax card, please check the 2 green fuses - F1 and F2 - shown on the first photo about half way from the top ... AND any other 'picofuses' that look like that on that pcb. Any competant TV repairman (or electronics technician, etc.) can aquire / replace those if they have failed - and it will be $$ cheaper.

Kendall.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 dollars, and it's working PERFECT!

THANK YOU!

wagon
09-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I am not as dumb as I look! :rolleyes:

Custom Search