PDA

View Full Version : Biz 283 USB scanning

Custom Search

kingarthur
08-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to scan to a memory stick via USB,on a Bizhub 283, i know you can print from a stick, but as far as i'm aware you cant scan

cheers

mmru4real
08-31-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you can when you insert the memory , you should have an option of save document to external memory, if you hae the option to print you should have the option of save a copy, just remember, these devices are picky on what usb thumb drive it will play with. You may also have to update the firmware if this option is not available.

CompyTech
08-31-2011, 02:37 PM
I think you have to activate it in the Administrator mode. I forget where at exactly, by default it's turned off. but i've done it on bh c360 before.

emujo
08-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I think you have to activate it in the Administrator mode. I forget where at exactly, by default it's turned off. but i've done it on bh c360 before.

Ditto...Admin/System/ExternalMemory settings..by default, 2 of the 3 choices are set to OFF. Also, if you enable user authentication/account track, you will have to allow these "output functions". Emujo

kingarthur
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Many thanks...i'll give it a go & get back to you

CraigW
08-31-2011, 03:32 PM
To enable print and scan functions via USB please follow these instructions.

1. Enter Administrator mode.
2. Select System Settings.
3. Select User Box Settings.
4. Select External Memory Function Settings.
5. Modify print and scan to allow enabling these functions.

emujo
08-31-2011, 03:35 PM
FYI..on all new setups (since the 751/C650 series)..we turn on the scan functions, allow all users to delete other users jobs, ADF slit glass contamination to low, low power/sleep to max, consumable reminder to off, and black default for copies. If a customer has other needs for defaults then we can undo any of these.. but it seems to eliminate the stupid call backs for minor issues. Emujo

kingarthur
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks chaps, it worked took less than a minute to set up

cheers

kingarthur

Custom Search