PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bizhub 501 is jamming only in duplex mode

Custom Search

Laserbeam
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello to everyone here in this forum! I'm new here and I just registered. I live in Germany and I am a service engineer for Konica Minolta. Unfortunately, I've not found a spezial forum in Germany or Europe like this. By chance I found your website and am thrilled. Unfortunately, my English not perfect but I hope you can understand me anyway.

Here is my problem:
Today a customer called me to his bizhub 501, because the machine often produces an accordion jam at the 2. feed roller position. This problem occurs only in the duplex mode after about 5 copies or after 90 and the jam appears suddenly. Unilaterally everything runs perfectly. The jam occurs at the second feed roller. I have load up a picture of the jam position and one of the jam history. The jam position is always exactly the same, as shown in the picture. Does anyone have an idea of what caused this error?

Thanks for your replies!

CraigW
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
The 2 ADU clutches are a common failure.

Darren King
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
From your pictures it looks like the registration clutch is stalling and the rollers below it keep turning. I would remove the reg. clutch and clean it or replace it.
Hope this helps
Darren

Shadow
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
check the position of the Mylar on the lower section of the vertical transport unit. The photo shows an indication that it is on the wrong side of the guide.

Hello to everyone here in this forum! I'm new here and I just registered. I live in Germany and I am a service engineer for Konica Minolta. Unfortunately, I've not found a spezial forum in Germany or Europe like this. By chance I found your website and am thrilled. Unfortunately, my English not perfect but I hope you can understand me anyway.

Here is my problem:
Today a customer called me to his bizhub 501, because the machine often produces an accordion jam at the 2. feed roller position. This problem occurs only in the duplex mode after about 5 copies or after 90 and the jam appears suddenly. Unilaterally everything runs perfectly. The jam occurs at the second feed roller. I have load up a picture of the jam position and one of the jam history. The jam position is always exactly the same, as shown in the picture. Does anyone have an idea of what caused this error?

Thanks for your replies!

mo0651
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I would replace both clutches in the registration unit with that jam. Hard to tell which is causing the problem, and since you have it out. Then go for the duplex clutches.

Laserbeam
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your fast replies at all!

I think, it would be what GraigW had written. The jams only occur in the duplex-mode, not in the 1side copy-mode. In the 1side copy-mode, you can make 1.000 copies for example without no jam. So I think, the both registration are not the reason for the jamming-problem. because I can make 1000 copies in the 1side-mode and no jam occurs.
Next week I will replace both clutches in the ADU and will give a feeback.

MILLER4157
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
The 2 ADU clutches are a common failure.

i agree

registration looks like its jamming due to timing issues from the failure of the 2 adu clutches

CraigW
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Seen it in 420s, it was giving 2 sided jams shown on mgmt list we swapped the positions of the 2 adu clutches and the jams changed over to what you are getting now.

Another thing that helps on this model is to watch through the side opening grates and watch the paper as it is going through the adu unit, this jam may not be as obvious. Can't remember it's been a while.

blackcat4866
09-02-2011, 12:40 AM
I like the clutches as possibilities, but what about the paper? Are you experiencing significant paper curl? Have you tried fresh paper? =^..^=

Laserbeam
09-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Yes, I made a test with fresh paper, but without success. The paper is also the best quality and the customer used this since years.

@GraigW

Thanks for your tip about the grates. I will do this credibility check.

Greetings from "Old Germany":)

mo0651
09-02-2011, 02:08 PM
You can watch the paper pass thru the duplex, it should stop at same spots everytime. Usually, when clutches are going you will see one piece just continue and not stop.

Laserbeam
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Here is my feedback!

Today I replaced both ADU-clutches and all works fine!!! :D
I have made a lot of 2-sided copies, about 1.000 and no paper jam occurs.

Thanks to all who have taken time to answer me.

Hansoon
09-07-2011, 06:26 PM
It seems important to switch of the machine with the main switch at the back after resetting counters.

Hans

Custom Search