PDA

View Full Version : C550; P-31 (Updates)

Custom Search

Ianizer
09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Aw... C'mon!

Yeah, it's one of those.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate..."

Konica-Minolta bizzy C550. Respectable count -- about half a mill. 50/50 color/b&w.
Standard issues since placement. All corrected.

Now:
Intermittent P-31...
Functions fine. Image quality is good.
Customer doesn't like the widdle oil can...
I don't like the widdle oil can.

Replaced K IU, because it was a good idea.
FW is GS6-R6.

No hits, in either current Solutions Guide or Knowledge Base, for P-31.
Service manual suggests checking (among other things) PC45 & PC46 (K PC encoder sensors 1 & 2).
They do, in fact, not change state with image stabilization, leading me to believe they are dirty, failed, or I have a deeper issue (Xport drive/PRCB).

I find no reference in any documentation (except the section of my manual that suggests that they might have failed) to the existance of PC45 & PC46...

One assumes K-M deemed to include these as standard equipment with my particular specimen...

Thoughts?

-I

Update
So I found PS 45 & 46 in the location diagram. They sure don't look to be anywhere close to where you'd expect a K PC encoder sensor to be.

I also located where they connectuate into the PRCB & reseated CN19...

Blew on it a little bit. I'm surprised that didn't fix it. Sometimes all a copier needs is a little spit...

nightshade
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
You could try reseating cn19 on the prcb if you havn't already. (I see your edit, so ignore that) I wouldn't expect them to both go bad at the same time and if cleaning them doesn't get them to work, then you are looking at replacing the board.

It also wouldnt hurt to reflash the firmware or even back date it a level.

Also when the sensors are failing to change state is it confirmed that the disc is rotating?

Ianizer
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the reply NS. Great minds think alike. Reseated CN19 and buttoned her up... Did I just get 20 copies without the near-fault? Well, lookie there.

Yeah, my gut tells me it's the PRCB... waiting on a reply from KM tech support web ticket (logged after half hour on hold for phone support). Let's see what they have to say.

May as well order the board. I'll throw and old version of FW on there when I get back, see what it do. Ease it back up to R6, then slap in the PWB... Gotta work the process.

-I

nightshade
09-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Gotta love the tech line hold time!!

You know, you could always take a sharpie and color in a little black box where the widdle oil can is.....

Ianizer
09-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I'd never slam on the tech support guys. I'm old school legacy Konica and remember the Burbank training center days... The rest of the free world comes in to call center desk jobs with Big Gulps and flip flops. They probably still has them in suits and wingtips... "♪Because it's Koooooonicaaaa♫"...

Anyway, checked the web ticket. No update. But then, it's not been anywhere near three weeks.

-I

Ianizer
10-07-2011, 04:48 AM
P-31s went away, btw.

Gosh, it's scary when that happens.

-I

methogod
10-07-2011, 11:34 AM
My machines are running fine, but i would like to update the firmware it hasnt been done in a while. I know there are some fixes out that they could need.

My C650 need a mod kit for the fuser but the place i order parts says they dont have it. Any one know the correct part number for the modicfication kit for the Fuser gear kit?

Secondly, My c451 has trouble waking up sometimes. I know its a fiery issue, but I would like to fix it anyway.

If someone can email me files i would apreacate it. mike@precisionsolutions.net

Thanks,

Ianizer
10-07-2011, 06:17 PM
No waky-waky is probably a patch fix.
-I

Custom Search