PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7033 gritty horizontal void

Custom Search

orindajim
09-20-2007, 05:05 AM
I get a progressively gritty horizontal void across the center of all my copies. After I clean the excess toner off the corona wires and assembly, it disappears. Reappears over the next 500 copies or so, if not less. Tech has been back many times but no lasting results. I did notice that the (gold?) corona wires appeared to be a bit discolored/pitted. Might that be the problem? Any other ideas? Help...my copier has fallen and can't get up.

CMB
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM
drum, developer and PM time. reset your counters and you may even have to replace the upper fuser roller (the developer eats it up where it trickles across the paper path. don't forget to run L-detect.

dogsbody
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
PM time for sure. I have seen this problem many times where the charge corona becomes so dirty with toner that it causes what you described. The quick and easy fix is to blow out the charge corona but it will come back. Most of the time I have found the cause to be the foam seal where the waste toner recycling tube mates with the developer tank. Once it's gone your guarenteed this problem. We have been unable to get the part from Konica here (ordered a new tube and got one minus the seal and they can't supply that). We have had some success with foam strips bought from the hardware shop. The other thing to remember is that there is a sensor that reads the toner under ther cleaning blade, for how long now has it been reading a void of toner because of a filthy charge corona? It is this along with the TDS that controls how much toner goes in the developer tank. Once overtoned theres no going back (i've spent many hours trying) you just have to replace the developer. Add up a drum, dev, and everything else that goes to doing a PM properly and your looking at more than a couple if dollars.
These machines were good in their day but they are now getting old and becoming harder to maintain.

orindajim
09-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I've discussed with my tech and it has given him new hope. He will try to resuscitate the old 7033. Hope he doesn't start the surgery through my wallet.

ebm
09-28-2007, 02:19 AM
It might also help the problem if you can get your customer to clean the charge corona by pulling the cleaner in/out a few times every day. But, good luck with that!!!

orindajim
09-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Tried the cleaner routine. Thanks.

random
09-28-2007, 12:00 PM
The developer lid is warped due to heat over time. In some countries the lid can be bought by itself, depending on the age of the tank you may want to get the whole unit.

pepper38_cnd
10-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Random is right replace the dev lid only about $10 bucks here also replace the grid springs sometimes they stretch and the grid will sag in the middle causing developer to be pulled. Good Luck.

cadurandeu
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Is impossible get good copies without clean writing unit,very clean and reading unit(white balance),and last mirror(at the right of the writing unit),and white platen glass/1.After that,you should clean the developer clutch and shafts in the developer drive sistem.With this ,the amount of toner in the developing unit will be used in the copies, and doesnt fly in the machine(dirty charging corona).The developer cover assy is importat too.
I would like too greet Konica tecnicians and all.Carlos.

bushy
11-12-2007, 02:23 AM
no one has mentioned the toner
make sure you only use genuine
konica toner, any aftermarket toner will stuff your dev
if you do do a dev change never go back to after market toner

dogsbody
11-12-2007, 06:28 AM
no one has mentioned the toner
make sure you only use genuine
konica toner, any aftermarket toner will stuff your dev
if you do do a dev change never go back to after market toner

It took a long time to convince our bean counters that Katun was crap, cheaper in the long run to use genuine.

Custom Search