PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BIZHUB C450 Full Image Margin Problem

Custom Search

premnathss
09-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi,
I have installed a Bizhub C450 at my Print shop.
I have 2 issues with the machine.
1. When i give a Full Size Picture in A4 Size through the Windows Picture and Fax viewer software, the margins are not even on all the four sides. The Left and Right are okay whereas on the top the Image is nearly cut and there is more space on the Bottom side. This happens when i give the print on any tray and any direction of A4 (Portrait and Landscape). I need help on this.

2. What should i do to get 100% colour match on the output. I donot have an Fiery Unit.

Your help would be Much appreciated.

Thanks n Regards,

Premnath .T

Mr Spock
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
get the manual and start with a baseline copy registration.
make sure the internal test pages are correctly position, magnification is 100%, and edge erase is even all around.
then do the same for the glass then adf.

As to color match. get a fiery and densitometer. Run the densitometer on copy quality and also on the monitor. Even then it will not be 100% but will be close.

premnathss
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info,
Please can you guide me with the procedure and with the maintenance manual, I donot have them.
Prem

Itsthepaper
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
If those adjustments don't go smoothly you could run into some created issues worse than your presently experiencing. I also recommend a Fiery and densitomiter; I believe that fiery has image shift adjustments right on the settings that more user friendly than going threw the service mode on the main-body. If you adjust the machine on the mainboby side, you’ll find that you have to re-adjust on every job. As far as for 100% color matching GOOD LUCK even with a Fiery, you could get close. Just remember C450 is not a four color print press, print shops have problems distinguishing between the 2, and a C450 with a standard print controller has no business being in a print job that's very particular about CQ output.

Sorry bud, just the facts.

JustManuals
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mr Spock
09-02-2011, 11:59 PM
If those adjustments don't go smoothly you could run into some created issues worse than your presently experiencing.

Just to clarify. I was talking about putting the machine to factory specs not adjusting for a specific job. And yes to all the comments about the fiery.

Ianizer
09-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi,
I have installed a Bizhub C450 at my Print shop.
I have 2 issues with the machine.
1. When i give a Full Size Picture in A4 Size through the Windows Picture and Fax viewer software, the margins are not even on all the four sides. The Left and Right are okay whereas on the top the Image is nearly cut and there is more space on the Bottom side. This happens when i give the print on any tray and any direction of A4 (Portrait and Landscape). I need help on this.

2. What should i do to get 100% colour match on the output. I donot have an Fiery Unit.

Your help would be Much appreciated.

Thanks n Regards,

Premnath .T

Registration and colormatch...
What is your level of expertise?
Am I giving end-user instructions, or techy suggestions?
If it were me, I'd be settling in for a tidy bit of baseline work, then troubleshooting specific issues from there.
There's plenty to keep you busy for a couple of hours, and that's if you know what you're doing...
And 100% colormatch will not be achieved.
Where shall we begin?
-I

JR2ALTA
09-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Konica margins are bulldung.

100% color matching? Keep in mind monitors emit light, paper reflects it.

premnathss
09-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Registration and colormatch...
What is your level of expertise?
Am I giving end-user instructions, or techy suggestions?
If it were me, I'd be settling in for a tidy bit of baseline work, then troubleshooting specific issues from there.
There's plenty to keep you busy for a couple of hours, and that's if you know what you're doing...
And 100% colormatch will not be achieved.
Where shall we begin?
-I

I am an end user
Can you help me?

RockETop
09-03-2011, 06:17 PM
You are expecting way more out of this machine than it can achieve. It is a mere office color machine at best.

Ianizer
09-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I am an end user
Can you help me?

I don't know the answer to that question yet.
C450 with standard Emperon controller is a fine mid-volume, business-color box that should give you some years of good service if properly maintained. If not, it will choke, gag, stall, and generally become an albostrose around your neck. Please understand, I don't mean to be flip or discouraging or dramatic; I am simply being candid about what is required if you intend to take this journey without a qualified technician.
Here is your assignment:

Familiarization

If you have no technical documentation, I recommend you contact Manuals4You (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/manuals4you.html) and purchase a Field Service Manual, a Parts Catalog; and, optionally, request the Theory of Operation Manual and latest download of C450 Solutions. His prices seem to me to be reasonable, and for under a C-note you should have an indespensable library of reference material.
Read the FSM. Like a novel. From cover-to-cover. Locate the areas of the copier discussed on the machine itself. You may gleen over what you deem to be general lawyerese, and some of the more advanced areas, but do familiarize yourself with the equipment and what makes it tick.
This may seem a nonsensical bit of theatrics, but it will give you an understanding of what you're working with and a working fluency in copier-speak. Without that, we are just speaking gibberish to one another and making piecemeal, heavyhanded, coarse adjustments that will, in the long run, hasten the transformation into the aformentioned ill-famed bird.

I'll also recommend you lay in a supply of good paper, if you haven't already. #24 or #28 Bond, Smooth Laser white Presentation stock. Paper is your fifth color. Don't neglect it. And you will need it for calibrating color. A4 is fine.

Customer Replaceable Units
For now, if so inclined, turn off the machine (main and sub-power, and unplug it).

Use a shop vac (with high-density micro-toner filter) and a fine brush and gently clean what you can easily reach, inside and out.
Remove the toner cartridges and clean residual toner from the hopper floor.
Carefully remove the Imaging Units and set them aside, covered with a thick, dark towel or inside a dark cabinet. Do not touch the green drum surface. No not vacuum the IUs.
Use the 'Magic Wand' inside the front door, with a clean felt pad (either provided in the upper-right panel behind the front door, or, if depleted may be vacuumed clean) and wipe the Laser Print Head which will be exposed when you remove the IUs. Carefully reinsert the IUs and close the door.
Double-line a rubbish bin with strong liners and remove the Waste Toner Bottle from behind the left-side door. Gently tilt the WTB holes into the bin, with the vac nozzle held close above it. Tilt back and forth, away and toward the holes, until the majority of waste toner is evacuated. Do not shake. Clean the WTB exterior, reinsert and close the door. Tie off and dispose of waste toner. Do not incinerate.
Challenge
If you're feeling cocky at this point, you may clean the optics. (I'll get yelled at for this, but I know you can do it.)

With difference of potential still removed (power OFF and UNPLUGGED), Remove the three screws securing the scale plate to the right of the glass.
Remove the two screws securing the glass holders and gently pop the holders from their slots.
Lift out the glass and set aside.
Pull the mirror frames slowly to the right until accessible for cleaning. Gently DRY-wipe inner mirror surfaces and lens with a lint-free lens cloth or bit of diaper material.
Replace the glass upside-down. Moisten lens cloth with glass cleaner (Do Not Spray Directly On Glass) and clean the underside of the glass surface.
Carefully flip the glass by the edges and repeat cleaning process. (You'll enjoy looking at your cloth at this point to see how much crud you removed.)
Replace holders in reverse order and power machine on.
Let me know when you've completed these steps and we'll discuss Copy Registration.

I should ask, what are the copy counts?

-I

Ianizer
09-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Konica margins are bulldung.

100% color matching? Keep in mind monitors emit light, paper reflects it.

I'll respectfully disagree. If properly adjusted, C450 should provide more than adaquate stable business color & paper registration with a variety of stock.
-I

JR2ALTA
09-04-2011, 04:20 AM
I'll respectfully disagree. If properly adjusted, C450 should provide more than adaquate stable business color & paper registration with a variety of stock.
-I

It's the frequency of adjustments that I find irritating. There is significant image shift and "cutting off" or margins, top and side.

Ianizer
09-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Interesting.

premnathss
09-04-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't know the answer to that question yet.
C450 with standard Emperon controller is a fine mid-volume, business-color box that should give you some years of good service if properly maintained. If not, it will choke, gag, stall, and generally become an albostrose around your neck. Please understand, I don't mean to be flip or discouraging or dramatic; I am simply being candid about what is required if you intend to take this journey without a qualified technician.
Here is your assignment:

Familiarization

If you have no technical documentation, I recommend you contact Manuals4You (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/manuals4you.html) and purchase a Field Service Manual, a Parts Catalog; and, optionally, request the Theory of Operation Manual and latest download of C450 Solutions. His prices seem to me to be reasonable, and for under a C-note you should have an indespensable library of reference material.
Read the FSM. Like a novel. From cover-to-cover. Locate the areas of the copier discussed on the machine itself. You may gleen over what you deem to be general lawyerese, and some of the more advanced areas, but do familiarize yourself with the equipment and what makes it tick.

This may seem a nonsensical bit of theatrics, but it will give you an understanding of what you're working with and a working fluency in copier-speak. Without that, we are just speaking gibberish to one another and making piecemeal, heavyhanded, coarse adjustments that will, in the long run, hasten the transformation into the aformentioned ill-famed bird.

I'll also recommend you lay in a supply of good paper, if you haven't already. #24 or #28 Bond, Smooth Laser white Presentation stock. Paper is your fifth color. Don't neglect it. And you will need it for calibrating color. A4 is fine.

Customer Replaceable Units
For now, if so inclined, turn off the machine (main and sub-power, and unplug it).

Use a shop vac (with high-density micro-toner filter) and a fine brush and gently clean what you can easily reach, inside and out.
Remove the toner cartridges and clean residual toner from the hopper floor.
Carefully remove the Imaging Units and set them aside, covered with a thick, dark towel or inside a dark cabinet. Do not touch the green drum surface. No not vacuum the IUs.
Use the 'Magic Wand' inside the front door, with a clean felt pad (either provided in the upper-right panel behind the front door, or, if depleted may be vacuumed clean) and wipe the Laser Print Head which will be exposed when you remove the IUs. Carefully reinsert the IUs and close the door.
Double-line a rubbish bin with strong liners and remove the Waste Toner Bottle from behind the left-side door. Gently tilt the WTB holes into the bin, with the vac nozzle held close above it. Tilt back and forth, away and toward the holes, until the majority of waste toner is evacuated. Do not shake. Clean the WTB exterior, reinsert and close the door. Tie off and dispose of waste toner. Do not incinerate.

Challenge
If you're feeling cocky at this point, you may clean the optics. (I'll get yelled at for this, but I know you can do it.)

With difference of potential still removed (power OFF and UNPLUGGED), Remove the three screws securing the scale plate to the right of the glass.
Remove the two screws securing the glass holders and gently pop the holders from their slots.
Lift out the glass and set aside.
Pull the mirror frames slowly to the right until accessible for cleaning. Gently DRY-wipe inner mirror surfaces and lens with a lint-free lens cloth or bit of diaper material.
Replace the glass upside-down. Moisten lens cloth with glass cleaner (Do Not Spray Directly On Glass) and clean the underside of the glass surface.
Carefully flip the glass by the edges and repeat cleaning process. (You'll enjoy looking at your cloth at this point to see how much crud you removed.)
Replace holders in reverse order and power machine on.

Let me know when you've completed these steps and we'll discuss Copy Registration.

I should ask, what are the copy counts?

-I

OMG
Lot of Operations.
Will Try this
The Count is 1041762

pepper38_cnd
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Just a note. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is probably the worst program to try and print with and expect terrific results. As the name implies it is just that a viewer. If you want better results before attacking the printer choose a better software program.

Ianizer
09-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Just a note. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is probably the worst program to try and print with and expect terrific results. As the name implies it is just that a viewer. If you want better results before attacking the printer choose a better software program.

Fair enough, Pepper, but we must remember it's C450 with Emperon ctrlr we're working with... Isn't driving your workflow with InDesign a bit like installing a Hurst SlamShift and a 4-point into your Prius?

End-user wishes simply to device-center a raw jaypegge. Easily enough achieved. Wham-bam, done| (b-deep)
Color correction is achieved through GradAdj with passable good throughput material on properly serviced machine, then beating TRCs into submission. Proper color balance is calibrated to end-user expectation. (And that value is set by You.)

The device and Nut Behind the Mouse are so mind-numbingly simple, they don't stand a chance against the likes of us -- Buahahahaaaa!... (ahem- no offense, Prem).

Point is, C four-fiddy is well capable of laying down a darned nice patch a color and sellable product.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

-I

Custom Search