PDA

View Full Version : Travel Charges?

Custom Search

blackcat4866
09-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I need to set up a system of travel charges for those customers farther away from the office. I know of systems that are based on miles radially from the office (i.e. if you are 30 to 45 miles away = $30, 45 to 60 miles away = $60) Other systems are based on a reduced labor charge for time in the car (i.e. 3/4 hour times $55 per hour travelling).

What works best for you and why??

dogsbody
09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Anything above a 50KM radius gets a travel charge of $X per kilometer.
I did the town run so never had to charge it. It was about a dollar a kilometer over but with rising petrol prices i'm sure it will increase soon. We don't charge any part of the labour rate for travel - we probably should, but untill the competition does we probably wont.

LaserSharp
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
It would depend a lot of WHERE you are, in my area...we have a very high density of businesses who deman the service, but if i was out in a less populated area I would probably be more willing to travel to get the jobs.

Generally we keep pretty busy within a fairly small radius but when we get inquiryes to go further we do charge a travel fee. As commutes can be a hassle around here at the wrong time of day customers flexability on booking the time of the call has a lot to do with how much.

Custom Search