PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550 Color registration and P21 errors

Custom Search

nightshade
09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I have a C550 woth close to 2mil on it evenly cut between B/W and Color. The machine has been trouble free for it's whole life of 2 years with the exception of eating transfer belts.

The main paper run on this one is 8.5x14 100# text gloss and the edges of the paper destroy the areas of the transfer belt that run over the color reg sensors. So at about 30% of belt life (used) I get P21 errors and misregistering magenta (left to right) but it's always off moretowards the front frame of the image.

There are several solutions in the All Solutions for P21's and color reg, tried them all. Replaced the reg sensors 2wice, LSU, HV1 and 2, MFP. If adjustments are made in tech rep then it goes off the other direction since the problem comes and goes when the customer runs a stabilization. Even initialized the machine to factory and that's no fun!!!

The only thing that makes the problem go away for a time is to replace the primary belt unit. But it always comes back.

Firmware is up to date and KMBS regional rep is coming out next week.

Any body have any bright ideas?

billak
09-11-2011, 05:22 PM
There is firmware patch for P21 I think this will do the job.

nightshade
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM

Any firmware newer then 6M should have the patch included. That would be pretty old. The firmware on this machine is the latest and greatest.

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 02:12 AM

Any firmware newer then 6M should have the patch included. That would be pretty old. The firmware on this machine is the latest and greatest.

R6, 'Shade?
-I

nightshade
09-12-2011, 04:01 AM
R6, 'Shade?
-I

Yeah, going by memory and on the weekends my mind is mush!!

But you knew what I meant!!:) Even if I was tongue tied!

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Yeah, going by memory and on the weekends my mind is mush!!

But you knew what I meant!!:) Even if I was tongue tied!

Sorry, it wasn't meant as a correction; I was asking for clarification. 6M would definately be the minimum for P21s. Sounds like you're all over it.
The "patch" refered to might be a couple of versions down, GC1-22?... does address P14s.

Latest base is R6, but it sounds like that Legal paper is maybe just beating up your transfer belt.

You run the Color Alignment and Skew Adjustments?

Always a possibility your LPH is toast. I'd see if there was a used one I could drop in to troubleshoot for awhile (don't forget to run the aformentioned adjustments again if you do)... How long does it go away after the new belt unit's installed?

-I

Custom Search