PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Multiple pages Scan to multiple PDFs

Custom Search

BarryH
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi,

I have a c352 bizhub, which has no HDD, which will not scan multiple pages to a single, multipage, PDF file. It always creates a one page PDF and attaches it to an e-mail for each page in the scan. 5 pages in the ADF = 5 separate e-mails, each with a 1 page PDF.

I want the c352 to create a single PDF with all ADF pages inserted into the same PDF, and then sent as one e-mail.

I checked out the Scanner Settings and cannot find a "multiple pages" option under file type, or anywhere else. I checked the e-mail settings and binary division is disabled. The Max Mail Size is set to No Limit.

Can someone please point me in the right direction??

Thanks in advance

Gerry Ross
09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
You don't require a hard disk. There is an option with the scanning feature to enable multiple page scans to be received as one attachement.

BarryH
09-09-2011, 09:44 PM
You don't require a hard disk. There is an option with the scanning feature to enable multiple page scans to be received as one attachement.

That's good it doesn't require the HDD. I wasn't sure, so I thought I'd mention that I didn't have one.

Can you be more specific about the option? I have looked on every screen of the Scanner Settings and cannot find anything that would resemble a multipage option. The only thing half way related would be the Separate Scan option. I know what that's for, but tried it anyway and it didn't help.

It makes me wonder if it needs a firmware upgrade or reinstall, etc.

Barry

Gerry Ross
09-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm up at KM in Birmingham next week. I'll check on a machine and confirm. If my memory is correct, there is an icon which depicts something like a single document icon with a branch showing multiple pages (or something like it). otherwise till I've seen a machine next week.

BarryH
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm up at KM in Birmingham next week. I'll check on a machine and confirm. If my memory is correct, there is an icon which depicts something like a single document icon with a branch showing multiple pages (or something like it). otherwise till I've seen a machine next week.

OK. Sounds good.

Speaking of icons... When the file type is set to PDF it displays a single page icon, on the left, on which is printed 1 ~ N. If I change the File Type to JPG and then back to PDF the icon changes to 3 stacked pages and the 1 ~ N part goes away. Regardless which icon is shown, it still fails to produce the single PDF file. I would think the 1 ~ N would represent the option I want.

I can take pictures of the screen if this forum allows file attachments.

Gerry Ross
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I won't need pictures. you will have to wait till I can view a machine on Monday next. I can partially visualise what I am trying to explain, but cannot conclude without standing in front of a machine. Sorry.

Mr Spock
09-10-2011, 12:22 AM
How to set Scan to SMB so documents are sent as a single file rather than multiple files.
To set Scan to SMB so documents are sent as a single file, perform the following:

1. Press the Scan button.
2. Select Scan Setting on the display.
3. Select File Type.
4. Select Multi Page to have the documents sent as a single file.

Single page or multi-page PDF is not listed in the Scan options.

CAUSE: The HDD is set to Uninstalled in Tech Rep mode.

SOLUTION: Set the HDD to Installed, follow these procedures:

1. Enter Tech Rep Mode.

2. Select System 2.

3. Select HDD.

4. Set to Installed.

5. Exit Tech Rep mode and cycle the power on the printer.

Based on the above I would think it is mandatory to have the hdd.

BarryH
09-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Single page or multi-page PDF is not listed in the Scan options.
CAUSE: The HDD is set to Uninstalled in Tech Rep mode.
SOLUTION: Set the HDD to Installed, follow these procedures.

Yes, that certainly does imply that a HDD is necessary to enable the Single page / Mult-page option!! The only difference is that I'm e-mailing the PDF, not saving it to SMB, but that probably doesn't matter.

After reading some more on the internet, it seems to me that the c352 came standard with a 40GB HDD?? Is that true? If so, can't I just drop any old 40GB Parallel IDE drive into it?

Thanks,

Barry

emujo
09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Ditto on the HDD requirement...may have been removed and de-installed as part of an end of lease agreement and no one bothered to replace it, but you are correct, 40 gig hdd will work. Install, set to install in service mode then format. Emujo

BarryH
09-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!!

It looks like I need a HDD. Hopefully I can find a 40GB drive laying around some place. Those are starting to get old ;o)

Then I just have to figure out how to get into the Service Mode to enable it and format it.

Barry

BarryH
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
It ended up being the HDD. I thought it wasn't installed, but it really was. It just wasn't enabled. After I enabled it and formatted it, I was able to scan to a multi-page PDF.

Thanks again for all your help.

Custom Search