PDA

View Full Version : c360 scanning question

Custom Search

brent
09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
my networker and I are having a heck of a time getting this new bizhub c360 to scan. we replaced a c350 bizhub with this machine. the customers are used to using a box utility software to scan to. so we could not find that with this machine. upon the set up of the box utility either on the web page or on the copier screen. there are some areas that are grayed out and the set up can not be performed either way. I have the advanced users instructions. but they are not clear enough. anybody have any advice on this?

brent

Gerry Ross
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
my networker and I are having a heck of a time getting this new bizhub c360 to scan. we replaced a c350 bizhub with this machine. the customers are used to using a box utility software to scan to. so we could not find that with this machine. upon the set up of the box utility either on the web page or on the copier screen. there are some areas that are grayed out and the set up can not be performed either way. I have the advanced users instructions. but they are not clear enough. anybody have any advice on this?

brent

Log into the machine via your browser (Ip Address needed), with administrator rights. You can then setup shortcuts (SMB or FTP) pointing to a shared (full read/write) folder on a PC or server. Need more help?

brent
09-09-2011, 11:06 PM
I have a networker that has set up all of my machines until this 360. there is just something different about the way this machine scans to the pc's. I am going to ask him more. I am fairly good at the network end of this. not a hard machine to ping and set as a printer from these 5 workstations. just the scanning seemed different. I appreciate your help. I will try to get more information and be more specific.

brent

1FRY1
09-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I take it you are reffering to Pagescope box operator ??

If so you need to create a user box on the device
then create a scan button to scan to it
to connect to it from the PC you may need to put the latest version of box operator on the PC for it to see the M/C

or are you talking about something else???

brent
09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
just to finish the post off. we did get it scanning. we used the web page and scanned directly to the box off the web connection. I know there are differnt ways to scan. they used to have a bizhub 350 with the box utility. that was easier I think to scan than this way. but it works. and they are happy. tahnks for your help on this issue

brent

RRodgers
09-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Are you using the old box software on the new copier? I've had troube trying to do that.

brent
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
nope. the box utitilty wont work that I seen. just using the web connection. it is not as good as the box utility. but it works. I got to remember to check the box to not erase after 30 days. it just seemed that there was a few more steps to scan then the old way

brent

1FRY1
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Box utility does work with 360

I set one up the other day to a customer that had used it on their old m/c and liked it

Just make sure you have the latest version

habik
09-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Wow...

What client want, client gets...I would leave them with C350 and re-sign their existing contract... If they struggle for space on their PC's I would understand, but upgrading to C360 and still using Box? SMB such a convenient way to scan ..touch of 2 buttons DONE.

:)

AjitN
09-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Hi
Please check if HDD is set to "installed" in service mode - System 2

Best luck
Ajit

habik
09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi
Please check if HDD is set to "installed" in service mode - System 2

Best luck
Ajit

:) Ajit has THE solution. Well done, completely left this one out :)

Custom Search