PDA

View Full Version : J17-06 on C500

Custom Search

dagoof
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Getting a pretty persistent jam from tray1, was wondering if anyone can help. Thought maybe the rubbers needed cleaning, tried that to no avail.

The sheet makes it halfway out of tray1, then the tail edge gets crumpled/folded. Strangely first 2 or 3 copies are always fine, only happens after that :confused:

minimerlin
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Wot about the clutches ond one way bearings?

dagoof
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Good to see a fellow jock on here Merlin ;)
Could you advise on what to check for and if it's servicable? Was going to try the dipswitch reset for the tray, see if that helped.

nightshade
09-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Sounds like a sticky paper feed clutch. Especially if the other paper sources work fine.

Electro magnetic clutch on the rear frame end of the feed head, been such a long time since the dinosaurs roamed our area, I forget if it is in or out of the rear bulkhead.

JustManuals
09-12-2011, 02:29 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Mechanical issue. Groan.
And I just manicured.

Stalling at secondary feed...
I do wonder about the one-way that lives on the shaft with the primary feed clutch... Try cleaning it and the shaft. (I believe it can slide a little on the shaft. Might want to just knock it back and forth a little and see if the problem improves for a minute; just order up a new one if it does.)

Could be a clutch, too.

IOW, what they said.

If it's a low volume tray, might check DFPR for flat spots... or the torque limiter (which is kind of hard to "check" without swapping -- fortunately for you, you have two donor units right at your knees).

If this is an every-single-copy thing, might go after the paper passage sensor actuator in feed assy housing... see if the spring's jumped the track.

I guess I could ask for a little more info: Where exactly, precicely is the paper buckling? At the DFPR or Feed Reg. Roller?

Lastly (and this probably should be firstly), it's always fun to just swap the feed assy with one of the other two and see if the problem follows the unit.

-I

dagoof
09-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the replies - the trays haven't been used much in a while, most of the work is through the by-pass.
It's virtually always on the 3rd sheet, from tray1 it jams just before the pre-reg rollers/sensor (tail end of sheet folded). Just tried tray 2 and it also failed to pick up on the 3rd sheet, this time there was no sheet pickup at all though, just 'mis-handled'.

All springs accounted for and one-way roller still only goes one-way!
(attached a couple of pics).

dagoof
09-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, all 3 trays are also mis-handling. I swapped the complete tray1 over from another machine, still the same.

Just wondering if there's an adjustment I'm missing?

dagoof
09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry, noticed an error above - that should be it jams before the intermediate conveyance sensor (PS27) or rollers.

Could this be effected by any of the timing adjustments, e.g. printer lead edge? Been trying to get this within standard value but it's all over the place (e.g. +10 gives 22.5mm, 0 gives 23mm, -10 gives 22.5mm again!).

Ianizer
09-13-2011, 03:08 AM
I think you're reaching a little bit, Dagoof (with that icon, too -- it's hurting my eyes).

PS27 isn't turning on. You have a buckle and obvious deformation on the lead edge. Hence, something's not turning/sensing/actuating.

The Tome Of Wifdom sez: Replace the drive coupling, p/n 55VA15541.

Check it out.

-I

dagoof
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I thought the avatar was too much Ian....but that's only because you were staring too hard! :D

Thanks, I'll check this out - is it likely to be the one of the ADU and not the main feeder unit?

Ianizer
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought the avatar was too much Ian....but that's only because you were staring too hard! :D

Thanks, I'll check this out - is it likely to be the one of the ADU and not the main feeder unit?

Well, there are two drive couplings with that part number: One in the bypass assy & one in the ADU carriage. The ADU carriage would be common to all trays. I suggest you check that coupler part for breakage or binding and also the T shaft in back which gives it drive.

-I

dagoof
09-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks Ian - I checked the coupling on the ADU and the T-shaft and both seemed ok, so I swapped over with another vertical conveyancing unit and that seems to have sorted it (strangely).

Ianizer
09-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Glad you got it knocked out.

NEXT!

;)
-I

Custom Search