PDA

View Full Version : PC drum clear bizhub C360 & C280

Custom Search

aleksander
09-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Hi guys,
I want to replace 3 PC drums (CMY) caused of "please replace PC drum unit (C)" and 2 other color PC drum displayed on bizhub C360 & bizhub C280. Anyone know how to reset PC drum counter? Because after replacing the drum unit, "please replace PC drum unit (C)/(M)/(Y)" still occured. Any solution?
Please help.
Thank you.

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Did you replace them with factory new units taken from a sealed box?
-I

aleksander
09-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Did you replace them with factory new units taken from a sealed box?
-I
I replaced the PC drum unit (DR311) taken from other MFP (bizhub C360 new machine) because I don't have PC drum stock in my warehouse. I've already ordered the PC drum unit (DR311) and still waiting until now. So I tried to replace the drums unit using another new C360 machine.

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Then they've already been reset.
Some people replace the chips... or perform some such magic... I don't.
Might be a special firmware (a la C550 GS6-R6) to allow you to eliminate the IU warning.
-I

aleksander
09-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Then they've already been reset.
Some people replace the chips... or perform some such magic... I don't.
Might be a special firmware (a la C550 GS6-R6) to allow you to eliminate the IU warning.
-I
But unfortunately the pc drum taken from another C360 not resetting the pc drum life counter. ABout the special firmware, that's for C550 series? can it use for C360 series?

Ianizer
09-12-2011, 06:39 AM
But unfortunately the pc drum taken from another C360 not resetting the pc drum life counter. ABout the special firmware, that's for C550 series? can it use for C360 series?

I understand. If an imaging unit has been in another machine, it has reset in that machine and will not in another.

FW is model specific. C550 was just an example. Special FW exists for that series that allows certain settings that will increase the IU yield.
You'll need to research your model for any special FW that might eliminate the offending message.
I don't know off the top of my head which designation it would be, if there is one at all.

Okay, I did some research for you. It's outlined in bulletin #6901.
Set the Unit Change for the IUs to Service.
You may need to upgrade to the latest base FW & Movie Data.
Good luck.

-I

Darren King
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
If you are authorized KonMin service check out tech tip 954. It gives you all the details. This firmware allows you to set the machine so it will never display end of life messages for fuser, transfer belt, all drums and K dev unit.
Hope this helps
Darren

Ianizer
09-13-2011, 02:48 AM
If you are authorized KonMin service check out tech tip 954. It gives you all the details. This firmware allows you to set the machine so it will never display end of life messages for fuser, transfer belt, all drums and K dev unit.
Hope this helps
Darren
Thanks DK. Thought there might be a special FW.
You lost me with 'Tech Tip 954'. Multi-line dealer, so my time on SSD is split... Can I get a hint where to locate it?
-I

Darren King
09-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey I
Special firmware "PPLMUSBFlashFiles v1.7" is the file you want. It is a large file as it has firmware for machines that can be updated via USB (BH223-423, C220 series and C452-652) Thers are softswitches that need to be changed. You should be able to find them on the KonMin tech support website. If not let me know and I will email it to you.
Hope this helps
Darren

boanda
09-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I understand. If an imaging unit has been in another machine, it has reset in that machine and will not in another.

I have been exchanged and all works fine, but in c220

rrrohan
09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
go into advanced security in service mode and its no dev/drum stop

aleksander
09-20-2011, 03:34 AM
I tried many firmware but this problem still happened. But, is it possible that the problem is the chip in Drum Unit?

sharkie
04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey I
Special firmware "PPLMUSBFlashFiles v1.7" is the file you want. It is a large file as it has firmware for machines that can be updated via USB (BH223-423, C220 series and C452-652) Thers are softswitches that need to be changed. You should be able to find them on the KonMin tech support website. If not let me know and I will email it to you.
Hope this helps
Darren

Hi Darren could you tell me does this firmware actually stop the replace IU message from being displayed or does it just allow the machine to continue to run once the units have reached their life?
Also cant find this tech tip on the cses website is there any chance you could mail me a link?
Many thanks
Hardy

Albonline
04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Darren could you tell me does this firmware actually stop the replace IU message from being displayed or does it just allow the machine to continue to run once the units have reached their life?
Also cant find this tech tip on the cses website is there any chance you could mail me a link?
Many thanks
Hardy
It stops the life messages. read the bulliten as you must change some settings on the copier.

dieselhead
06-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the PDF. The soft switch settings were made a lot simpler.

allan
06-09-2016, 07:24 PM
The PCU reset works with an ICP. But you can short it on this machine:rolleyes: does not seem to care.

Open the front door and remove the waste box and relay board cover.
Find a drum connector of any color, keep short on pin 1 and 3 with a paper clip then make the door switch.
Let the engine run like half a second then break the door switch.
Check the consumable life to verify that its cleared.
If at first you don't succeed then try again.

Or you can get slow blow fuses make the short with that.

Hansoon
06-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Well, I hope that's not a matter of "Brightest Bulb In The Package" but I am just not able to reset a BH-C-280 with that method. Nothing happens or I get for instance C2411 -2 -3 -4 codes. Even when I use a picofuse for shortening pin 1-3/1-5 neither Drum Unit nor Developing Unit will be reset. Only when I get a new chip it works, proving that the system basically works.

Any idea please?

Hans

MFPTech
12-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the PDF. The soft switch settings were made a lot simpler.
somehow i cannot download the pdf. Could you please provide the softswitch settings
Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

inkhouse
04-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey I
Hope this helps
Darren

Hello,daren i have the same problems but i cant find the firmware can u give a link or email me plz ?

copier addict
04-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Hello,daren i have the same problems but i cant find the firmware can u give a link or email me plz ?

This thread was started in 2011. You will have better luck if you post a new thread instead of resurrecting a zombie thread.

allan
04-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Well, I hope that's not a matter of "Brightest Bulb In The Package" but I am just not able to reset a BH-C-280 with that method. Nothing happens or I get for instance C2411 -2 -3 -4 codes. Even when I use a picofuse for shortening pin 1-3/1-5 neither Drum Unit nor Developing Unit will be reset. Only when I get a new chip it works, proving that the system basically works.

Any idea please?

Hans

Did not get it to work??
These days i solder a new ICP over the old one for the other techs. The ICP from a TN512 works well. You will end up with a free toner chip and a TN321 after some more cutting on the bottle cap.

Custom Search