PDA

View Full Version : KM C6500 - Blue printing Purple

Custom Search

Grantow
09-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a Konica Minolta C6500, which is regularly calibrated with a efi ES-1000. However I have noticed on some jobs that blue would print purple.

When you submit test prints from either the machine or command workstation the CMYK colour bars look to be fine but on the RGB colour bar the B is purple.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.
G

tech51
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM
If you can get hold of the Pantone swatches with the cmyk equivalents you will see that an RGB blue (bit like a sky blue) will have a purple tint to it. Its just the way it is!!!

konicaboy
09-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Have you carried out the Gamma Sensor Adjustments? This is where you have 4 columns, made up of different shades of C M Y K, from dark (at bottom), to light (at top).

You need to adjust these to 'balance' the colour on the machine. I usually find if I am having a colour issue, that it's Magenta that needs adjusting.

Drop me a PM if you need to know how to do this.

Good luck!

Ianizer
09-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Have you carried out the Gamma Sensor Adjustments? This is where you have 4 columns, made up of different shades of C M Y K, from dark (at bottom), to light (at top).

You need to adjust these to 'balance' the colour on the machine. I usually find if I am having a colour issue, that it's Magenta that needs adjusting.

Drop me a PM if you need to know how to do this.

Good luck!

Refresh me, KB. There's of course the Auto Gamma, the Gradation adjust (dont remember if that's the exact designation: print a page in svc mode and scan it), and there's the laser intensity adjustment.

If these are all to spec, time to scrutinize consumables.

-I

Custom Search