PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C352 keeps saying install waste toner box

Custom Search

bartrick
09-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Have two customers that just replaced thier waste toner boxes and now intermittenly come up with "Install waste toner box" have replaced the waste toner sensor PC8 I belive, reflashed firmware "KO", reseated all connectors. Works fine while i am there but an hour or two after i leave they call back in. Anybody have any ideas i can try! Thanks in advance for any help.

vincent64
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Check that gear on the side of the box, had one where it felt ok...kept turning the gear and working it back and forth, it freed up, and then worked after that with no code, I dont recall if it was Konica's box or a aftermarket, but I remember that gear on the box did not feel right

boanda
09-16-2011, 12:26 PM
maby toner dust cover sensor or transparent plastic on waste toner box after a short time u go, and sensor detect full box.
Clean the machine

cjenefr
09-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for very useful information about waste toner box.

emujo
09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
we're having a similar issue with a C353..problem is binding somewhere in the toner conveyance piping, seems to be more on the fresh toner side versus waste toner..here's the problem, there is no procedure for removing this section in the manual so we're having one fun time getting this out. We have opened a ticket with KM to request a procedure to be written as of now, we have a spare C353 that was damaged during shipping and we can take the conveyance assy' out and put them in the customer MFP to get this up and running, but again, we just can't get it out. Once we do I'll post where the binding was coming from and the recommended fix. Emujo

bartrick
09-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Thanks for all the good feed back!

DAR
11-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Have two customers that just replaced thier waste toner boxes and now intermittenly come up with "Install waste toner box" have replaced the waste toner sensor PC8 I belive, reflashed firmware "KO", reseated all connectors. Works fine while i am there but an hour or two after i leave they call back in. Anybody have any ideas i can try! Thanks in advance for any help.

I seem to be having this problem also. Did you find a fix?

habik
11-26-2013, 01:42 AM
I seem to be having this problem also. Did you find a fix?

I hope you will not experience the same issue as I had see the vids I made. Quite fun. Still haven't finished my timelapse on it but it is in progress. Now 3rd machine with blocked auger mechanism and the problem shows to
"change waste box with a massive ratcheting noise. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTjSW-Styk

and the auger it self

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9FNwmMhxZ4

Good luck!

EarthKmTech
11-26-2013, 09:18 AM
i have a crusty old c352 in the field that does this too.

i loosened the screw on the waste toner box side and adjusted the positioning of the actuatator so as to not touch inside the photo sensor when rotating. if it gets stuck it will cause this issue.

removal of the back cover of the mc is required to see it in action.

Custom Search