PDA

View Full Version : CB radios and copiers

Custom Search

vincent64
09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
This is a strange one, have a cust with a KM BH 501, there is a window just behind the unit with a 12v DC power supply and a CB radio on the ledge.
The copier is on a power filter, or was till this, when the cust keys the mic of the CB the power filter "chatters" like a relay cycling on and off rapidly inside and the status light on the filter blink, on several occasions, it shut the mach off till the mike was released.
First thought bad power filter, swapped it out with one I had, same thing, left it off the filter for now.
Mach is networked and has a fax option also.
Now the power supply for the CB is ran from a different outlet then the copier, and the antenna coax is run up the side of the window and out the top of the wall framing arround the window to a small 3 or 4 foot fiberglass whip on the roof of the building.
Any one else seen this ???

emujo
09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
now would be a good time to point to the tag on the CB that says "this device may not generate any interferance, and must accept any..." I believe a CB can put out 3-4 watts(legally) and if close enough to the MFP could cause enough of a spike to cause the power supply to shut down. Probably not enough to mess with the 24vdc systems, but easily enough to cause problem within the 3vdc as you are now working with logic circuits and memory etc...Emujo

mo0651
09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
We had a BH500 in a Credit Union. With a fax and print option. It constantly thru errors and codes, turned it in for lemon. Put another 500 in its place...SAME THING happened!!!!! Put a bh420 in, have only toner out problems now. Methinks the 500's are a sensitive critter!:p

blackcat4866
09-17-2011, 04:10 AM
I think it's the Panamax surge suppressors that can make a clicking noise when the load increases. For example, when the fuser heaters come on the surge suppressor can make significant noise, but I've never seen it cause any harm. =^..^=

Custom Search