PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Can a FS-601 finisher connected to a BizHub C350 Staple and/or Fold without copying?

Custom Search

r_malz
09-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know any tricks to allow me to Fold, Staple, and/or Hole Punch documents in my FS601 finishers without running them through the copier?

It would be great if I could just put a pre-printed document in the finisher tray then have it fold/staple/or hole punch.

Sure I could run the docs through the C350 while printing or copying blank pages, but it seems like alot of wear and tear on the copier as well as running up the maintenace counts just to get the pre-printed doc folded or stapled.

Any ideas???

mo0651
09-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah!!! I hate paying for maintenance while I'm wearing out the machine!:D

emujo
09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
What you are talking about is called a "post inserter", pages can be put in after the job is done to do additional finishing options. Sits on top of the finisher, but does require the fold/staple/hole punch options already installed in the finisher. As I don't work on the C350, I don't know if the PI was even made for this MFP. hope this helps. Emujo

scottybbb
09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I dont think a post-inserter was available for this model.

Ianizer
09-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah that stinks! They should just GIVE us the machine. :D

No PI for C350, btw... But you could just try jamming every copy JUST as it begins to exit the fuser... Kind of a mess, but it's freebeez.
-I

r_malz
09-20-2011, 03:06 PM

What's wrong with saving wear and tear on a machine that I own out right?
Someone's a little sensitive and doesn't understand the concept of "efficient use of resources."

r_malz
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
What you are talking about is called a "post inserter", pages can be put in after the job is done to do additional finishing options. Sits on top of the finisher, but does require the fold/staple/hole punch options already installed in the finisher. As I don't work on the C350, I don't know if the PI was even made for this MFP. hope this helps. Emujo

Thanks, you've been very helpful.

habik
09-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Don't know your load you have to do, but

Maybe through service mode....But I would go nuts standing by machine doing every set separately.. unless it would do 60 ppm I would not do it.

Get a Fold/Staple/Stuff Machine and You sorted.

just a first Google search here we go $1700..bargain.

800 booklets / hour at 64 pages each booklet....man that goes:

Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang Khu-dang ---ZAP__ZAP-- 1 Booklet done! :)

all this in 14.2 seconds

http://www.binding.com/catalog.aspx?catid=bookletmakingmachine

S (http://www.binding.com/catalog.aspx?catid=bookletmakingmachine)orry had a little moment of excitement. :)

Custom Search