PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 help for newbie please

Custom Search

RichTT
09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi,
I am new and hope someone might help with a few questions.I have googled this for 2 days now without success.
I have just bought a Bizhub c250 printer/copier. The copier works fine,but it wont print.

There is no HDD installed (I think) as the box button doesnt work/light up.Will it still print without a HDD- for example 1500 A4 sheets at a time from Microsoft Publisher.Also is duplex standard if not how do I find out if it is installed?

How do you set it up to print-Ive been online and tried with 'Add printer' wizard and IP address but it still doesnt print not even from notepad-The printer doesnt recognise the computer-I have changed the IP address on the printer under the network settings-still doesnt work.

I am printing with a C250P at moment (with no problem)which the Lease runs out soon,and so I decided to buy 2nd hand printer for myself.
Do I have to uninstall the c250p first?

Im frustrated/stressed and confused!
many thanks for any reply.

JustManuals
09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mr Spock
09-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I think you need the ic chip. This may not be installed.

TheOwl
09-18-2011, 11:27 PM
In Aus, we didn't need a chip to enable print or scan, they did this straight out of the box.

In regards to the machine not printing, have you checked the logs on the machine verify that the jobs aren't getting to the machine or they are and the machine just isn't then printing them?

Also, does your print job actually leave the print queue on the computer, or do you get the little ballon saying that the print job failed?

Darren King
09-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Just give the C250 the same IP address, subnet and gateway as the C250p, unplug the C250p from the network and plug the C250 in and it should print.
Hope this helps
Darren

RichTT
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Problem sorted.There was a setting on the Control panel I had to change-under Administration settings.
Such a relief.The duplex works-
There is no Hard Drive but seems to print ok anyway.
Thanks for the replies.These machines need a plug& play option!

Custom Search