PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 vendor connections

Custom Search

befuddled
09-19-2011, 12:47 AM
OK, for some screw-ball reason I wound up with this...

(Guess it's because I always get the jobs no
one wants to pay for...:p)

I need to hook up an ITC 7210 to a KM Bizhub 200, but
both the Konica and ITC manuals are sparse on connector data,
I know that there is a key counter connector on the
right hand side of the 200, but are there any other
connectors for vendor equipment?

TheOwl
09-19-2011, 02:44 AM
There are other interfaces you can hook up to the Konica Minoltas, but you need to know exactly what you want it to do.

Mostly, there are Bear-Solutions interfaces that connect to the serial port of the copier along with the external counter cables. If possible, then I would be going back to the 3rd party vendor and asking if they support the machine and if they can advise on which interface to oder if required at all.

befuddled
09-19-2011, 03:15 AM
There are other interfaces you can hook up to the Konica Minoltas, but you need to know exactly what you want it to do.

Mostly, there are Bear-Solutions interfaces that connect to the serial port of the copier along with the external counter cables. If possible, then I would be going back to the 3rd party vendor and asking if they support the machine and if they can advise on which interface to oder if required at all.

This supposedly just plugs right in, with no extra interface boards, the supplied cable matches
the key counter, thought the instructions refer to using vendor 2 in the tech rep panel,
rather than the key counter setting. And the cable is listed in their docs as a Minolta cable.
ITC has sent me a couple of documents, which cover
bizhub products, neither of which cover the bizhub 200 :rolleyes:, and the interface harnesses are
not there (unless I am going blind - highly possible, spending too much time in front
of monitors lately :).)

I am assuming they are using the key counter in this case and I am just missing
something in the setup.

TheOwl
09-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Depending on the setting that you use will determine if you can do things like duplexing and so forth when the external counter is enabled.

As for the harness, I am going to assume that it is where it should be and that is closest to the control panel on the right side running parrallel with the right side of the scanner chasis. Take that top right cover off and have a look.

I could be wrong though.

Custom Search