PDA

View Full Version : Dialta DI470 ...i think but here is the problem

Custom Search

mailderrick
09-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I got a call from a customer i used to help at the last company i worked at. The company turned it over to another repair company when i left.
Konica DI 470 ( i will double check tomorrow but that is what i remember it being)

Long story short the guy who works at that company thought they needed a new drum because of occasional print defects. He showed up with one..did some sort of resets in the machine..the machine froze..he turned on and off the main switch a few times and the screen went blank. I was not there but this is what i heard from the customer.
They then diagnosed that it needed a new firmware chip. so they ordered one from the new company at $495 and they came back to install it and the printer still doesn't work. Either chip that is installed does the same thing now. It shows the picture ton the display that i attached and the red light is on on the ADF. It then says please wait as you can hear it cyicling and then repeats these same errors.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this or any thoughts? They want to get it up and running but i am not exactly sure what happened.
Derrick

fixthecopier
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
The machine in the picture is a di2510/3010. The firmware in that machine can be downloaded into the card on the mfbs. Is this the wrong picture? On the 2510, the problem would be the mfbs.

mailderrick
09-19-2011, 05:24 PM
the picture is correct i just couldn't rememeber which machiens it was..they have had several. They had ordered a new firmware from the company that was working on it and both chips show this same error. Is there anything else it could be or do we have 2 bad chips?

JustManuals
09-19-2011, 07:37 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mailderrick
09-19-2011, 10:19 PM
And yes di2510 is corrrect

fixthecopier
09-19-2011, 10:33 PM
To upgrade the firmware you pull the card out of the mfbs, and download new firmware on it. First I would pull the mfbs and reseat everything, then replace it if that does not work.

Custom Search