PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 User Box's

Custom Search

Moza
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if its possible to export user box's from one machine to anoter as i have four of these with 160 box's to be put on. I have tried to speak to Konica but there support is a bit flakey !!

Thanks in advance

emujo
09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Page Scope data admin should allow you to export the basic box structure, but I don't believe you can export the box contents. I've never used the HDD backup utility but you can basically make a copy of the HDD and save it. I'm also not sure if you could then use the utility to import to a different s/n. I'll poke around and see if I can come up with better answers if no one else replies prior. Emujo

Moza
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your quick response Emujo,

I have played arround with Page Scope Data Admin and all I can mannage to export is Account Track entries ? it will allow you to see the box's just not export them, this is for a new installation so only need to copy the box's not any contents.

I have also downloaded the HDD Utility but not looked at it yet might try that.

Thanks again

habik
09-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Let us know how did it go...I have never had luck with this.. as I had few vendors at one site which was causing trouble...KM to KM should work. But then again ..as Emujo said it will allow the structure only.

Moza
09-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks will hopefully be trying later today

Moza
09-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi guys,

So far no luck with this !! tried HDD backup but wont transfer data from one machine to another. Any other ideas ??

CompyTech
09-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I never had any luck with import/export or back up utilities, with those machines. Half the time the data is not compatible or you can't import it. Would be nice if there was more cohesion between systems. You may have to manually enter everything via pagescope of course.

habik
09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
I was just thinking how to go around this: I do not have C220 but I have INEO + 203 instead

Exported all stuff I could and checked what they have in common for the machine to read it back that hey this is mine " Allow" lol

See the attached pic: maybe..just MAYBE it could work if you swap around the encoded serial numbers and the machine engine ? just a food for thought @:)

Ill try when I have my other INEO +253 back and see if I can swap imports :)

will let you know hopefully this afternoon :)

Has anyone tried it?

habik
09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I can hereby confirm that I transferred Address book from C203 to C253, all you need to do is make sure you have same password from both machines when exporting and also you have to amend the machine model number in the actual txt file see below.

I hopefully try user accounts and account track, but have a big doubt in that as there is passwords involved and the encryption won't be easy to bite through.. let ya all know soon.

Custom Search