PDA

View Full Version : Konica +220 Loud clicking noise.

Custom Search

vedder
09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Morning all, wondered if anyone had any advice on this problem.

I have a Develop +220 (konica minolta) which is making a really loud clicking noise when running, it still copies, and im starting to think it only makes it when it tries to feed the waste toner into the toner box, the machine is asking to empty waste (which it is), I have stripped the machine down to the drive section, had it all out, checked, cleaned, all gears turning fine. What i did notice was when I tried to turn the waste gears by hand it seemed tight, I have got new gears to replace them, one does seem a little worn, my question is, does anyone know how to get the metal bar which holds the toner waste gears out?? cant do it from the back, and from what i can see its not that obvious how to do it from the front. I have the manual but that doesn`t describe how to do it.

All help/tips/suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

rrrohan
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM
if you think its the waste toner bottle just replace it and see if it stops?
also make sure there is a lump of toner jamming up the cleaning unit

vedder
09-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah I have tried a new bottle and new transfer belt to rule out the cleaning section, still the same, the gears feel stiff when turned by hand when there is nothing in the machine, ie no waste or belt. I want to take out the gear assembly for the waste, just cant figure out how to get it out.

ezzysi
09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Had this 3 times now on +220's

Check the little trapdoor between where the waste exits the TX belt and enters the waste box, it gets clogged with lumps of toner.
You can remove it with one screw from the front of the machine.

Simon

Custom Search