PDA

View Full Version : c6500/Fiery s450 - Unable to Detect Video Board

Custom Search

dagoof
09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Was using this machine yesterday and it seems to have developed a gremlin since - on turning on today it said the toner recovery box needed set and the door closed. No reason why it should have but thought maybe it'd had a knock so I re-set the box and that was fine.

Then booted up the Fiery - windows popped up with the 'new device found' notification for a 'multimedia device' (odd, I thought) but was unable to locate a driver on the system or the XP cd. I thought this wouldn't halt proceedings but when Cmd Workstation loaded it show the error and refuses to print - "Unable to Detect Video Boards: Make sure video boards are installed" :(

Tried 'choose device to install' and it listed the EFI vx500 driver like it might be compatible but that didn't work (device manager shows a driver issue). Looked online for Fiery s450 drivers but unable to locate anything for the internals. It copies fine from the glass btw.

Can anyone help?

maccenterpc
09-28-2011, 06:17 PM
The S450 starts or not? I had problems where S450 starts, but brings no video.

Some electrical discharge could have been the motive.

Video Card burned.

dagoof
09-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Mac,

Managed to get this sorted, thanks - turned out the video board needed re-seated (strangely, it was still being picked up by device manager and the driver was installing but obviously wasn't operational).

Custom Search