PDA

View Full Version : CQ toner adhered to drum DP-8060

Custom Search

copiman
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
I have a machine, used, that I am going through, and the drum has toner adhered to it. Looks like small dashes on the paper running lead edge to trail edge. On the drum they are everywhere. I'm new to Panasonics. Can the drum be cleaned and still function properly? If so, what would you recommend using to clean it with? By the way, the drum has 135k on it. The rest of the machine looks great.

mojorolla
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Sounds like the machine is/was using third party toner. They look like someone threw a hand full of gravel at the drum surface. If that is the case, you will most likely need a new drum.

copiman
09-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I have a machine, used, that I am going through, and the drum has toner adhered to it. Looks like small dashes on the paper running lead edge to trail edge. On the drum they are everywhere. I'm new to Panasonics. Can the drum be cleaned and still function properly? If so, what would you recommend using to clean it with? By the way, the drum has 135k on it. The rest of the machine looks great.

Thank you.

copiman
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds like the machine is/was using third party toner. They look like someone threw a hand full of gravel at the drum surface. If that is the case, you will most likely need a new drum.

I cleaned the drum as well as the rest of the machine and all is good. You were right Mojo, it had third party toner in it. Thanks for your help Mojo.

Custom Search