PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Copier Rentals

Custom Search

charm5496
09-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Checking to see if anyone else is renting equipment out and what kind of pricing they are working from.
You have your obvious fees:
Delivery
Install
Network setup fee
Pick-up
Rental Base with X amount of copies
Overages

do you chage extra for scan, print or fax
after hours charges
tech on location charges

just looking for some feedback. TIA

mojorolla
09-26-2011, 05:36 PM
It is rare but it happens. We charge prints the same as a copy click, but if it has a fax, we charge a higher rental fee and slightly higher for scans. Basically, the more bells and whistles, the higher the rental fee. If they are copying sensitive items, we offer a HDD sanitation at the end of the rental. Never had a rental that wanted after hours though...sounds expensive.
:)

charm5496
09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
offering the HDD clear is a good idea.
Would you mind sending a PM to me with what kind of rates you usually charge?

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Never did one but probably would if it was a machine I had in stock.

charm5496
11-03-2011, 04:15 PM
we have plenty of equipment and feel we can easily generate 100K or more a year with the right approach.

cccjjn
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
We are located near a city with extensive covention facilities and we do very well with short term rentals. Unfortunately there is no magic formula to price them. Every single deal is priced differently based on the customer's requirements.

We also do quite a few short term rentals for legal cases. When visiting council comes to town on larger cases they will set up in local hotels for the durration of the case.

By the way don't forget shredder rentals!

charm5496
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
We are located near a city with extensive covention facilities and we do very well with short term rentals. Unfortunately there is no magic formula to price them. Every single deal is priced differently based on the customer's requirements.

We also do quite a few short term rentals for legal cases. When visiting council comes to town on larger cases they will set up in local hotels for the durration of the case.

By the way don't forget shredder rentals!

Nice get money on both ends of the process!!!
If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with a sample of how you set up your pricing structure that would be awesome. Curious about the shredder rentals as well.

cccjjn
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
We don't really have any formula set. There are just too many variables. We basically wing it.

What model?
Do you need printing?
Do you need scanning?
Do you need stapling?
How Long?
How many pages are anticipated?
How quickly do you want it?
How far away is it?
Are there stairs?
Do I need to send 2 people on the delivery?
Do I need to send an IT person on the delivery?
Is the person nice on the phone or a hammer?

Once I have a feel for the answers to all these questions I set a price. Could be $200 plus usage, could be $2,000.......a lot depends on the answer to that last question.:p

charm5496
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I hear you man.

Custom Search