PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C220 C2 Firmware Setting

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi, Can somebody please explain to me what settings need to be changed when loading the C2 Firmware to eliminate the need to replace the Drums, Devs, Fusers ETC.

Iv got some docs on it from the firmware readme file but could someone please explain in lamens terms as it never seems to work.

Regards

emujo
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
it doesn't elimnate the need to replace drums, fuser,x-fer belt, it allows you to run past the life span. You still need to change out assys that no longer meet the customers CQ expectations. Dip switch 55 to 0C, switch 51 to F0, and enhanced security mode "life stop setting" to "no stop". (settings are only valid after firmware is in place). Don't forget to deselect "scanner" when updating firmware.

Above settings are for C360 only, setings are different for all 4 color families.

You will still see the oil can if anything has reached its end of life, but the MFP will continue to run.
Hope this helps with "lamens" terms. Emujo

JSC
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Your also better off upgrading to C6 as there are a lot of 'bugs' in the C2 firmware.

Mooseface2r
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the input, got that C6 now aswell.... im getting confused with this if someone could clear it up

"

The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Color IU and Bk drum unit”.

Switch No.: 51
Hex Assignment - 00: Life warning is displayed. (Default)
Hex Assignment - 10: Life warning is NOT displayed.

The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Bk developing unit".

Hex Assignment - 20: Life warning is NOT displayed."

It says to change switch 51 to both 10 and 20 but you can only set it once so which one is best 10 or 20? and if you do put it to 20 does this include the colour ius and black drum?

Regards

mervyn
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
This is explained in Tech Bulletin # 7528 dated 6/9/11 same for C220 C280 and C360

emujo
09-30-2011, 01:48 PM
After firmware update, set softswitch 55 to hex "0C" and switch 51 to hex "F0", enhanced security set DC developer stop to "no stop". Emujo

CHIPS HOME
10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Under my point of view new firmware's ( C2,C6) helps and are ok if your machines are for your use , but as logic end customers will call KM dealer's services after check the oil can icon, and this will not help too much to avoid their calls.
Is better to spend some $'s in chips and give an end solution ( with nothing flashing on their eyes ).
We have full line of chips including the C220,C280,C360 families for developing units in stock.
For any information don't hesitate to contact me sending private message.

tech51
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Under my point of view new firmware's ( C2,C6) helps and are ok if your machines are for your use , but as logic end customers will call KM dealer's services after check the oil can icon, and this will not help too much to avoid their calls.
Is better to spend some $'s in chips and give an end solution ( with nothing flashing on their eyes ).
We have full line of chips including the C220,C280,C360 families for developing units in stock.

But you would say that wouldn't you!!! My experience is that customers take no notice of the oil can, or any other message for that matter!!

CHIPS HOME
10-17-2011, 07:33 PM
There are customers who do not detect it at first tech51, as we told on thread we only offert you ANOTHER SOLUTION , because if sooner or later someone detect it and call , two days, a week or a month later your boss will find increased the service calls!. But it does not hurt to try upgrade firm and try :-), maybe half of them don't call you. It's up to you. Sooner or later consumables must be replaced that the crude reality!

By other side the notifications on PSWC, Fiery Remote Control Screen and CS do not change and Care end of life message is still apparent.

Best regards.:)

fdesantiago
10-17-2011, 09:52 PM

Hi my name is Fidel DeSantaiago and with D & F Copier and I'm looking for the firmware for a Konica BizHub 420, can you help me.?

My e-mail address if fidel@dfcopier.com

emujo
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
But you would say that wouldn't you!!! My experience is that customers take no notice of the oil can, or any other message for that matter!!

Have to agree with most of this...how many times have you gone to a call and the PM indicator has been on for 10K clicks??? The only reason you got a call was due to the jam, or CQ issue....The problem with the KM color boxes (IMO) has been the complete shutdown of the MFP when a life counter has been met...Yes, you will eventually have to replace the unit, IU/ x-fer belt etc..., but I can already see a decrease in my parts cost per month since the implementation of this firmware...heads up for another issue though...since we are now turning off the life stops, and default all to B&W, look for color IUs going bad due to non-use...C353s are already having problems with color toner replenishment pipes/augers binding up due to toner clumps. Emujo

Ianizer
10-18-2011, 05:05 PM
The dipswitches can be a little confusing...
One way to do it:
(This is on C650 class, so your C220 may be different. Someone check my work here.)

Navigate to SW #51.
Scroll to the binary assignment third from the right.
Select 1 on ten-key pad and touch "Fix".
Hex assignment should now be "41".
Don't forget to PO/PO after making this and your other settings.
Cruise back into service mode and verify your settings.

-I

buscale
02-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I have this firmware version, ineo+Amur_FW_vG00_C6, it's correct?

It's Develop firmware version, It'll work on KM machine?

Thanks

suso73os
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Have to agree with most of this...how many times have you gone to a call and the PM indicator has been on for 10K clicks??? The only reason you got a call was due to the jam, or CQ issue....The problem with the KM color boxes (IMO) has been the complete shutdown of the MFP when a life counter has been met...Yes, you will eventually have to replace the unit, IU/ x-fer belt etc..., but I can already see a decrease in my parts cost per month since the implementation of this firmware...heads up for another issue though...since we are now turning off the life stops, and default all to B&W, look for color IUs going bad due to non-use...C353s are already having problems with color toner replenishment pipes/augers binding up due to toner clumps. Emujo

Hello all, I'm a photocopier technician and I Develop autorized dealer (ineo plus 451, ineo plus 203, ineo plus 452, ineo plus 220, etc) these machines are the same than Konica Minolta but As I can see in this forum we don't have the same bulletin information, I only have a service bulletin that talks about the imaging unit and the softswitch 51 to change it to Hex10 and not F0, and there isn't any information about the other softswith that you said (softswitch 55). I'll change these two softswitch and see what happen.

We only know the posibility to do this with this model, do you have more information about other machines like bizhub c451,c550, c203 to do the same thing with a new firmware? I tried to do that with this model with the lastest firmware I downloaded but I couldn't change these softswitches. Many thanks in advance.

abhaymate
09-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Please tell me where from I can download firmware G00-C2 for konica Minolta Biz Hub C-220 machine.

habik
09-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Please tell me where from I can download firmware G00-C2 for konica Minolta Biz Hub C-220 machine.

ftp://Pear_cloud.simitrix.dimitrix/parent/kmbh/color/c36-cseries/

bende.laszlo
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
I read this ...

To: KONICA MINOLTA AUTHORISED TECHNICAL PERSONNEL
TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP
Date: 20 April 2011
Topic: bizhub C652 (DS5)5 2\C4\C52\C360\C280\C220
IU end of life message can be disabled
Description
With the new version of FW G00-C2 and above it is possible to disable the end of life
message for consumables.
This will enable the service technician to manage the replacement of consumables
based on customer needs and expectation of quality.
Considerations
If you decide to remove the end of life message then please be aware that
performance of consumables operating past the specified life is not guaranteed.
This Includes copy\print quality, paper jamming and any other issues caused by
extending the lifetimes.
Konica Minolta UK except no responsibility for any problems that occur when
extending consumable lifetimes past the Life Specification.
Notes
1) All setting advised in this bulletin must be made at the same time.
2) Even though the end of life message has been removed, when the specified life
value is reached the oil can warning icon will still appear.
3) The notifications on PSWC, Fiery Control Screen and CS Remote Care do not
change and end of life message is still apparent (MIB information is not changed).
How to apply end of life settings
1) Upgrade the FW to Version G00-C2 .
2) Make unit change setting.
Service Mode > System 2 > Unit Change > Set Service for Imaging Unit.
3) Select No Stop for each consumable.
For Imaging Unit\Drum Unit\Developing Unit.
Service Mode > Enhanced Security Mode > IU Life stop setting > set to “no stop”
For Transfer Belt and Fusing Unit
Service Mode > System 2 > Software Switch Setting.
Change Switch No: 55
Bit 2 _ ON (Transfer Belt Unit ‘no stop’)
Bit 3 _ ON (Fusing Unit ‘no stop’)
HEX should read ‘0C’ when both switches are set.
4) Eliminate Life Message Display.
Service Mode > System 2 > Software Switch Setting.
Change Switch No: 51
Bits 4,5,6,7 _ ON
HEX should read ‘F0’ when all these switches are set.
Life Specification
Model
Drum
C\M\Y\BK Dev Unit C\M\Y Dev Unit BK Transfer Belt Fusing Unit
C220 9338 M 120000 counts 600000 counts 33033 M 550000 counts
C280 6244 M 120000 counts 600000 counts 22008 M 550000 counts
C360 6244 M 120000 counts 600000 counts 22008 M 550000 counts
Model IU C\M\Y Drum BK Dev Unit BK
Transfer
Belt Fusing Unit
C452 5180 M 10302 M 1200000 counts 320638 M 600000 counts
C552 5180 M 10302 M 1200000 counts 320638 M 600000 counts
C652
(DS) 5180 M 10302 M 1200000 counts 320638 M 600000 counts
Service Engineer Guide Lines when attending EM calls

tecnicoariel
04-01-2013, 06:32 AM
ftp://Pear_cloud.simitrix.dimitrix/parent/kmbh/color/c36-cseries/

copyalbania
09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Hello,

This is my first time i see this machine and my friend of mine has bought this one year ago,
now it displays need to change drum unit and can not print, i have seen your reply and with the Software switch can i get the massage not to be displayed with this modification?

please help me if possible, Boiken

Thanks for the input, got that C6 now aswell.... im getting confused with this if someone could clear it up

"

The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Color IU and Bk drum unit”.

Hex Assignment - 10: Life warning is NOT displayed.

The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Bk developing unit".

Hex Assignment - 20: Life warning is NOT displayed."

It says to change switch 51 to both 10 and 20 but you can only set it once so which one is best 10 or 20? and if you do put it to 20 does this include the colour ius and black drum?

Regards

mitchl
09-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Hello,

This is my first time i see this machine and my friend of mine has bought this one year ago,
now it displays need to change drum unit and can not print, i have seen your reply and with the Software switch can i get the massage not to be displayed with this modification?

please help me if possible, Boiken
First you must update the firmware to the proper version................ But seeing that the machine is down order a set of drum reset chips off Ebay and worry about the firmware update down the road.

stefanv
09-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Hi.. Just change switch 51 hex 10

Aagavalas
03-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Hi.. Just change switch 51 hex 10

In my case worked with switch 51 to F0...

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone,

please i need also the firmware update C6 for my konica c220, here is my mail if anyone can give : vjoffre83@gmail.com

Thans a lot

Custom Search