PDA

View Full Version : Mike

Custom Search

mike
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Can anyone help with a postscript driver for a Bizhub 920 Pro. I only have the Pcl driver and it is asking for the ps 503 disc to continue with the installation? I have tried the Konica Minolta driver download sites but end up with a driver which does not allow any device options such as finisher, stapler, punch etc.

mo0651
09-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi Mike! We can help if you give a little more info! What O/S? Do you have the post script option installed?

TheOwl
09-29-2011, 12:04 AM
You can try the Australian site (I don't know your location, but worth a try)

Konica Minolta Australia (http://solutions.konicaminolta.com.au/support/driverpublic.cfm)

mike
09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your quick responses. I am using Widows XP Professional. The print controller is an IC 203 with the PS 503 postscript chip plugged into the board. When trying to install using the IC 203 CD the message is " install PS 503 disc". I don't have the disc so I downloaded the postscript driver for windows XP which I can install but does not allow me to configure the options. The machine print a test sheet giving the printer driver and port settings. I tried the Konica Minolta 920 PS(V) and Konica Minolta 920 PS (Plug In) drivers and both give me the same result. Is there firmware that is missing for the IC 203 controller as I tried remove the postscript chip and installing the pcl driver but when trying to install, nothing happens. I have heard that both the PCL and Postscript drivers are supposed to be available to print to the copier and if this is the case, then the PCL driver should load. Is this a problem with the print controller hardware or firmware?

methogod
10-03-2011, 09:40 PM
email me mike@precisionsolutions.net and i can remote in and set it up for you. I have 7 920's at my print shop, I know there are some issues, the plug in is the best driver, but dont download for the 920, make sure you download the plugin driver for the IC-203, and its not a generic driver.

email me your details, I do about 20 remote supports per day.

maccenterpc
10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
properties in the printer, the finisher is installed correctly? may be disqualified.

mike
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Maccentrepc :),

Thanks for the suggestion but the duplex function is also not available in the device settings so I don't think that the finisher properties are the culprit.

Hi Methogod :) :) :) :),

I have emailed you my details. I have 2 920's, both with IC 203 print controllers, one running the PCL driver and the latest one just acquired with the postscript option installed and that is the one giving me the problem. If I could remove the postscript option and just install the PCL driver I would be happy to do that. Unfortunately I am not sure what to do to achieve that.( Software not my forte).

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions :cool:

methogod
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
He told me that his computer is offline, no network due to a virus.

That is the issue, the driver install needs at least service pack2 on WinXp and SP 1 on vista.

Also you would need windows update when installing some drivers, that is where his problem is.

Told him to connect to the net and try it again after running windows update. Should work...

mike
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Theogod you are the greatest. May your rep power go from strength to strength

Custom Search