PDA

View Full Version : AF2020D SCANNING

Custom Search

+ve charge
09-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi.. Great day to you all. We have a couple of AF2020D's with print/scan attachments run at a customers premises for over 4 years now. Recently the customer has upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 version. Now the machines print but will not scan....:confused: Any advice on what I shud be looking for when I visit for trouble shooting will be appreciated. thank you in advance.

sandmanmac
01-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi.. Great day to you all. We have a couple of AF2020D's with print/scan attachments run at a customers premises for over 4 years now. Recently the customer has upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 version. Now the machines print but will not scan....:confused: Any advice on what I shud be looking for when I visit for trouble shooting will be appreciated. thank you in advance.

They were probably configured with scanrouter software for scanning, you will need to re-install and configure that. While it can be done, it really doesn`t work very reliably with Win 7, since it hasn`t been supported for many years. Scan to email setup would be recommended for more reliability

groovy
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Scan to email is a good choice, but i prefer to way at scan to ftp for those reasons: 1.is Internet-indipendent (if you change your internet provider you must change the smtp server...); 2. your documents never leave your local area network; 3. there are plenty of free ftp server software; 4. no limit of file size; 5. it's fastest
Luigi - Digitalix Srl

sandmanmac
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Scan to email is a good choice, but i prefer to way at scan to ftp for those reasons: 1.is Internet-indipendent (if you change your internet provider you must change the smtp server...); 2. your documents never leave your local area network; 3. there are plenty of free ftp server software; 4. no limit of file size; 5. it's fastest
Luigi - Digitalix Srl

Good idea Groovy, I didn't think to mention FTP

Custom Search