PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for IC401

Custom Search

rasman67
10-03-2011, 05:21 AM
I have a customer with a BH C350 (IC401) print controller that won't print. They are running windows 7 64 bit computer ,that's fine the problem is they are running account codes. Is their a print driver for this computer or what can be done to allow it to print

Thanks in advanced

Marsh2
10-03-2011, 08:32 AM
With account codes activated you had to had a valid account in the driver so it doesn't delete the job. If you look in the job history it will say job is deleted due to error this is the reason for no account codes. Also I think you can disable account in administrator mode under utility on the copier itself. Enable print without authentication in account track menu. This will then not track print jobs so if they need to track them you will need a valid account and code inputted into the driver for each PC that needs to print and be tracked.

Cheers

rasman67
10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I have the rest of the office working but this 1 computer running 64 bit windows 7 and none of the drivers are working. I have tried the IC401 PPD and C350 pcl with poor results. If anyone has any other drivers I would appreciate it.

tech51
10-04-2011, 09:27 PM
I have the rest of the office working but this 1 computer running 64 bit windows 7 and none of the drivers are working. I have tried the IC401 PPD and C350 pcl with poor results. If anyone has any other drivers I would appreciate it.
In the release notes for the ppd it says it does not support account track. So unless print without authentication is on it will delete any jobs from that PC. The IC401 is an old product now and driver support will probably be quite limited now...

Mr Spock
10-04-2011, 11:47 PM
You can force load the vista 64 bit driver or try windows update.

rasman67
10-05-2011, 03:35 AM
How do you force load the Vista 64 bit driver?

habik
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
this is what I found on web PCMAG ..however I never tried the BRUTE FORCE \m/, ,\m/ ..!!!!

Manually Add Printer Drivers
If the Vista installation program won't work, you may still be able to install the Vista printer driver—but not scan drivers or other software—though the Windows Add Printer Wizard. Go to the Devices and Printers window, choose add a printer, and work your way through the wizard. When you get to printer options, choose Have disk, navigate to the folder with the driver, and select the printer's INF file.

Install Network Printers Locally
If the printer is on a network, you may need to tell the Add Printer wizard that you're installing a local printer, use LPT 1 as the port it's connected to, and then change the port setting after the driver is installed. To change the port, go to the Devices and Printers dialog box, right click on the printer name, and choose Printer Properties (not to be confused with Properties). Then choose the Ports tab and the Add Port button. In most cases, you'll want to highlight Standard TCP/IP Port, choose the New Port button, and then work your way through the rest of the wizard screens, entering the Printer's IP address in the appropriate dialog box.
When All Else Fails…Use Brute Force
If you're stuck with a host-based printer that doesn't have a Windows 7 or Vista driver, or that has a Vista driver that doesn't work in Windows 7, you may still be able to get it working in Windows 7. It's a good idea to start at your favorite search engine, searching for variations on the printer name plus the words "Windows 7." If you're lucky, you'll find a discussion of how to get the printer working. Otherwise, you're basically reduced to brute-force trial and error.
The trick is to find another printer whose driver works with your model. The best candidates are drivers for similar models in the same series and later versions of the printer. If you have a 6560 model, say, which has since been replaced by the 6660 model, there's at least a chance that the 6660 driver will let you print, even if it doesn't support all of the printer features.
This same approach of using a driver for a similar printer is even more likely to work with PCL or PostScript printers to support features that a UPD may ignore; so you may want to try it for non-host based printers as well. Keep in mind, though, that your time is worth something too; at some point, you may want to cut your losses, and simply buy a new printer. Be aware too that there are still more ways to get a printer working in Windows 7. However, one or more of the approaches included here should give you at least basic printing support in the vast majority of cases.

good luck , let us know :)

rasman67
10-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks all for your replies but it looks as if the C350 with a fiery IC401 won't work with windows 7 with the account tracking on.

Custom Search