PDA

View Full Version : Hdd install and initialize

Custom Search

erb
10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I have a c 252 that has email issues, i place 5 pages in adf and it sends 5 1 page emails, i checked and the hdd was unplugged, the previous tech said it had a bad hdd, i want to replace the hdd and i need to know how to initalize the hdd when i replace it, can someone help.

TheOwl
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Just put in the new HDD, enable the HDD through service mode and then do a physical format followed by a logical format.

erb
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
thanks for the info, can you email me the proceedure for that, im not real familiar with konica minoltas.

RRodgers
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks for the info, can you email me the proceedure for that, im not real familiar with konica minoltas. Just buy the manual from manuals4you and then you'll have your answer and future answers.

TheOwl
10-06-2011, 03:21 AM
As above, or look through the forum for how it is done as it is most likely posted somewhere all ready.

erb
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
i did buy the service manuel on line, can you please direct me to the location in the service manuels (there are 2) on the previously stated directions on installing a new hdd.
THANK YOU

mervyn
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I have a c 252 that has email issues, i place 5 pages in adf and it sends 5 1 page emails, i checked and the hdd was unplugged, the previous tech said it had a bad hdd, i want to replace the hdd and i need to know how to initalize the hdd when i replace it, can someone help.

You dont need a hard drive to e mail scan , set the document type in scan to mustiple page pdf and it will scan as many as the it allow.

erb
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I couldnt find a screen in the machine to change the setting to multi page originals

mervyn
10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Select Scan-scan settings -and you will see a screen for type of original , touch that and you will see pdf, tiff etc , to the right it will say single or multi , select multi and you should be good .

erb
10-11-2011, 03:15 PM
i still couldnt find an option for single/multi pages any place in any screen, i did install the hdd, set machine in service mode to hdd, then did physical format, then logical format, when i did the logical ithe op panel went blank and wouldnt return, i waited 10 min and still no op panel. is this normal, i left the machine in the logical format running last night in hopes it would finish and have the machine reset this am by another tech. can i get some please get some help on this.

kingarthur
10-12-2011, 09:17 AM
i did buy the service manuel on line, can you please direct me to the location in the service manuels (there are 2) on the previously stated directions on installing a new hdd.
THANK YOU

why dont you just read the manual.....thats the reason for getting it......next you'll be asking someone to wipe your backside for you.....

erb
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
thanks king you were a big help

kingarthur
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Junior Member http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png Join DateSep 2011Locationphoenix azPosts7 Rep Power0

thanks
maybe you can help me with my backside with your tounge
thanks again for all your help

is this the sort of private messages you like to send.......if you read the manual...instead of getting a manual & asking where you should read...maybe i might help!!!

Custom Search