PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C550 no black

Custom Search

emujo
10-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Ran into this the other day and thought I'd share..

Called in for blank copies (B&W) poor CQ (color)
Black IU was around 3/4 life so tech ordered and replaced with no help so he put in a 2nd IU thinking 1st was bad (not too farfetched). Still no help so he ordered HVT and PRCB..MFP has been down for 3 days and customer is hot..My SM pulled it out of field and sent in loaner. Started going through it and found the small black plastic piece on the end of the drum drive coupling arm had sheared its locking pin so no drum drive. This piece is part of the drum drive assy and is only available as entire assy. This really sucks for time and cost.. although the part #'s for the 652 and 550 drive assys are different, the individual drive pins look the same. You may want to put one aside if you do any strip/salvage. Emujo

emujo
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Update!! I was given some bad info by our warehouse guys..the drum coupling piece is available as an individual part so I managed to turn a 5 min repair into a six hour nightmare (but did get a little knowlege as to the mechanics of the drum drive section). The couplings are left hand threaded and with removal of the x-fer belt and IU's are easily accessable. Emujo

Custom Search