PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 252 Fuser Ghosting

Custom Search

jfishtech
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. The machine is a NEC 25C2, which is just a rebranded Konica Minolta Bizhub 252.

When the customer prints or copies, a ghost image appears every 3 inches of whatever was printed before. I've traced it down to the fuser, as I can see the toner stuck to the rollers. I replaced the fuser with a new one in March. This fixed it for a month before they called back saying it was doing it again. I bumped up the temperature that time. Fixed it.

Now the customer called me a week ago, and said it was ghosting again. I went back in and the fuser had toner sticking to it, and the pages coming out of the machine were cooler then usual. So I went ahead and replaced the fuser one more time, but still was ghosting. I tried thick paper setting, and it is still ghosting.

It has to be keeping enough heat to keep the machine going into code, but not enough to fuse it to the paper.

The problem has to lay either in the wiring harness that powers the lights, or the control board that keeps the fuser hot. But I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for since I have no error code to point me in the right direction. Any help will be appreciated.

SmellsHot
10-05-2011, 07:34 PM
This might sound silly, but ....did you check the envelope levers?

PeterG
10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
I think someone is about to make an embarrassing discovery.

Hansoon
10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
If not an "embarrassing discovery" :) it might be non-OEM toner as well......

Hans

mo0651
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I would hate to think the levers are set wrong on 2 fusers, but I've seen that before.

Custom Search