PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica CF3102 Not responding to New Fuser

Custom Search

lindau
10-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Our Konica CF3102 was giving the warning message that the Fuser was almost our of life. This morning it quit working completely and requested to have the Fuser Unit Replaced. We happen to have a parts donor machine and also had another fuser available. We replaced the Fuser Unit with the "new" but used fuser unit from the other machine and it did not clear the problem and the machine is not working. Having tried two different fuser units, I am wondering if we needed to do some sort of reset on the machine before we replaced the fusers. I am ready to buy a brand new fuser unit, but I am afraid that I am missing a step of the replacement process and that that will not help either. Any help or advice is appreciated.

:D

bizhub1
10-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Been a long time since I worked on one but I believe those fusers also have fuses that blow when installed, so swapping fusers from another machine won't help without a new fuse or a New fuser unit

Montana Tech
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, the fuser counter is reset by the fuse blowing in a new unit. An old unit will already have the fuse blown, so it won't reset the count. A new fuser unit should work fine.

TheOwl
07-11-2012, 12:33 AM
As everyone else has stated "the fuse from your parts donor fuser would have already blown which means that the count won't be cleared".

You can put another fuse in to get you going, but you will have to be very careful and make sure you do it correctly. Before you ask "how do I do that", there are numerous threads already about fuse replacement in Konica Minolta fusers.

nmfaxman
07-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Bite the bullet and just put a "NEW" fuser in the machine.
A "new?" fuser from another machine is not new.
It may have been the reason the other machine is collecting dust.
If you are not a tech, don't look for shortcuts.
It will just cost you double in the end.

Custom Search