PDA

View Full Version : Magicolor 7450 Is spending too much ink!

Custom Search

alejandro
10-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Hello all,

I been using this printer for about a month, I usually print poster ect, but I think it consuming the toner way too fast. Just now I notice that the Yellow toner was about 35% and I printed 15 copies 11x17 and now its like 20%, so I think the toner its going way to fast. I heard that theres a setting I can use to reduce the amount of toner the printer uses for a job using Adobe Acrobat.

Can anybody help?

thanks a lot.

rex777mix
10-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Hello all,

I been using this printer for about a month, I usually print poster ect, but I think it consuming the toner way too fast. Just now I notice that the Yellow toner was about 35% and I printed 15 copies 11x17 and now its like 20%, so I think the toner its going way to fast. I heard that theres a setting I can use to reduce the amount of toner the printer uses for a job using Adobe Acrobat.

Can anybody help?

thanks a lot.

Hello Alexander, the machines come with starter toners called, why not have a full charge. for this can you think that the machine consumes more toner than normal.
God bless you

alejandro
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just bought a new yellow toner so Im hoping this one doesnt go as fast.
I still think theres must be a away to set the printer to consume less toner. I installed a black toner when I got the printer which was used, and that one is also going too quick.

Any other advise?

thanks

mo0651
10-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Print a configuration and supply status page. That will tell you the coverage percentage on your prints by average. then compare to yields!

Custom Search