PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Tech thinks its the finisher, then the machine, now is clueless! HELP! I'm a girl..

Custom Search

rbkmiller
10-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I am trying to troubleshoot a Konica Minolta C550 BIZHUB.&nbsp; It is jamming paper inside the finisher once it leaves the printer.&nbsp; Initially we thought it was a bad finisher due to staple errors and jamming.&nbsp; Used Copier dealer swapped them out. Got new finisher in and same problem.....Paper jamming inside the finisher just above the paper punch area in a cavity.&nbsp; It is not clearing the open space.&nbsp; It is folding over and getting loosly stuck.&nbsp; I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure.&nbsp; The paper is the light white spot...not a good quality photo.&nbsp;The copier is in a building that may not be level.&nbsp; Not sure if there is supposed to be a 1/4" space between the printer and the finisher that is properly attached.&nbsp; Please give your feedback as we are ready to throw it out the window even though with the right knowledge it could easily be fixed.<br><br>Many thanks!&nbsp; To the winner goes a virtual fifth of liquor and bragging rights.

ps picture wont rotate for me but you can get the gist.

RBK in North Seattle

Mr Spock
10-08-2011, 12:34 AM
This a stupid question.... Did the tech set the correct pk (punch kit) in service mode? Also check the hole punch is correctly installed and connected.
Can you post which finisher this is label in one of three places. one is bottom of machine inside front cover, on outside bottom left or inside (between copier and machine) on bottom rear.
Also check the jam codes in service mode and post that as well please.

rbkmiller
10-08-2011, 07:05 AM
This picture is of the inside of the front cover of the finisher when you open the door. The guy didnt reset the punch. He just stared at it and said I've never seen this and need to talk to people. We assumed the problem was with the finisher, but the second one is having the same jamming problem.

pepper38_cnd
10-08-2011, 11:14 PM
what is the jam code? Have the service guys tested it without the finisher? It could be a fuser/exit problem and you would still end up with a page in the finisher.

fixthecopier
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Place a call to the tech's shop and request another tech be sent. I am serious, even if he does not know the problem he should be smart enough to fake it and not have the customer loose faith in him. That machine has an internal jam counter that not only records the jam point, but the exact time it jammed. If your problem was in the finisher, the first thing I would do is remove the finisher and let it run until I fixed it. If you have a contract for service or are paying for it, you deserve better. I have gone behind my own techs and told the customer they should call and complain. I have never been to color school, but I have kept my color machines going without any downtime, including a C550 for the past 3 years in an important location. If my machine is really broke, it takes about 15 minutes for me to tell the customer when I will be back and what I am going to do. Good Luck to you.

Ianizer
10-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Why don't we just simplify this a bit and isolate the finisher?
Shut the machine off, remove the finisher & bridge unit.
Run it until it jams and let's troubleshoot that jam code...

Just a thought.

-I

rbkmiller
10-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Those are both valid points. I will give them a call and give em hell.

emujo
10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm dissapointed, "I've posted a picture for your viewing pleasure" and all we get is a image of a punch unit??? Emujo

mo0651
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
After you clear the jam and machine comes to ready, can you choose hole punch? or does it say " feature can not be used at this time."

Hemlock
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
What does "I'm a girl" have to do with anything?

Unless we're in front of the machine - seeing, hearing and feeling it as it runs (yes, we occasionally fix it by laying on of hands) - it's all just speculation. Best bet is to get another tech or have him escalate to the Konica support guy/gal.

Given that it's Seattle, and you guys are known for rain, I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say it's your paper.

mitchl
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM
If 2 fins are doing the same thing one would think a logical step may be to hit the firmware just to get it off the list of possibilities and as Fixthecopier said go to the counters they are your friend!

rrrohan
10-13-2011, 01:45 PM
hahaha i had exact problem running up new copier and finisher the other day.

i dont recall what its called right now but can double check what its called when im back at work (12 hours).

it just initiates a paper sensor. its actualy part of the run up instructions that i myself had missed so there is a chance your tech may of done same thing.

some one else may know what im talking about other wise stay tuned

hopefully im on the right track because its literally a 10 second fix

rrrohan
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Service mode -> finisher -> FS-FN Adjust -> Punch F. Sensor Intensity Adjust. Hit Start.

should then get ok

SPBE
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Service mode -> finisher -> FS-FN Adjust -> Punch F. Sensor Intensity Adjust. Hit Start.

should then get ok

What he said.

rbkmiller
10-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok! We're getting somewhere! Not sure where, but definitally somewhere! We were waiting on your responce and it was there first thing this morning. I am extremely thankful for your follow-through! I have attached two pictures of our Service menu. There is no option for the setting you mentioned, but maybe by attaching photos of our finisher menu this can help assist you in finding the correct answer. There are two new pictures to show you our menu choices.

You Rock

Rebecca

pepper38_cnd
10-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Well maybe the punch kit was just installed and never setup? Here are the install instructions check out page 5 there are some bit switches that have to be set.

rbkmiller
10-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Pepper,

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GET THE VIRTUAL KEG AND ETERNAL BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A MILLION FROM TWO FRUSTRATED LADIES!

pepper38_cnd
10-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks! I will have a virtual party with the virtual keg!

Ianizer
10-15-2011, 06:42 AM
...THANKS A MILLION FROM TWO FRUSTRATED LADIES!

Sigh... How many times have I heard that.

Good techin Pepper.

-I

rrrohan
10-15-2011, 08:51 AM
lol so you fixed it yourself? haha should ring your tech up and be all like "oh yeah i fixed that. what like its hard?"

kan
10-16-2011, 02:00 AM
You should put in a protest !! LOL. To me this was the first reply to the post and the correct fix.

This a stupid question.... Did the tech set the correct pk (punch kit) in service mode? Also check the hole punch is correctly installed and connected.
Can you post which finisher this is label in one of three places. one is bottom of machine inside front cover, on outside bottom left or inside (between copier and machine) on bottom rear.
Also check the jam codes in service mode and post that as well please.

pepper38_cnd
10-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Kan you are absolutely correct, no protest needed, I will share the virtual keg with Mr Spock. As his was truly the solution, I simply provided some details. It's amazing what you can do when have the instructions to follow .

Custom Search