PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub C550 cannot change scan-to-email send account

Custom Search

rpierc03
10-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I've inherited a rather convoluted IT department that I'm in process of straightening out. Our bizhub is working beautifully, save for one thing: the email address used to send scans through our exchange server is set to an employee who is no longer with us. I would like to close his accounts but doing so kills the scan-to-email capabilities. I've changed the account information on the bizhub (both smtp and pop accounts) without success. It still sends via the old account. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--Robert

mojorolla
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Try changing the "reply to" parameter to the new email address.

rpierc03
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Checked the "reply to" parameter -- all info is correct, it had the new email address in the field. Power-cycled the machine, this is the first KM machine I've fiddled with, but sometimes this works with HP config changes. Still no luck.

richd
10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Is the user account for secure authentication, if not is the users email being used as the "from" email address, if so change the admin and m/c email address in web browser under administration mode, you will find it in machine settings.

rpierc03
10-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I feel like such a noob. It never occurred to me to check AD and Exchange mailbox settings. The new account being used is also the account used for print server alerts. I checked Exchange and AD to forward the mailbox to my account only to discover there wasn't a mailbox for said user account. The previous IT guy had set the address up as an alias/proxy under is own mailbox with his primary email address as send / return. Once I removed this and gave the account its own mailbox, worked like a charm.

Regardless, thanks for the help!

Custom Search