PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Interrupting a currently printing job.

Custom Search

PawloA
10-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi. We have two new BIZHUB 1200P printers and I am wondering if it is possible to interrupt a currently printing job to pass another job before continuing on. For example we have a job printing out 5000 pages and another job has 3 pages we do not wish to wait 30 minutes for the 5000 page job to complete first. We also don't wish to cancel this large job either, so we would like to suspend the current job and print out the small job then resume this job where it left off. Is this possible given this machine is practically a computer in itself?

bizhub1
10-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Under the job list screen you can select the job and change priority.

PawloA
10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi. I see the button to change priority but for some reason the only button that works is if I wish to suspend a non printing job. How do I get the priority button to work, and will it cause the current job printing to stop allowing my new job to print out before continueing with the previous job?

emujo
10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
not familiar with this model, but most MFPs have an "interrupt" hard button. Pressing this will pause the current job and allow another user to make their copies. When finished, the job will pick up where it was left off. I know some printer models have no walk up user options (adf/platen) so in this case it may not be available. Emujo

Custom Search