PDA

View Full Version : C550 - black smudges about 1cm away from the lead edge onloy on A4

Custom Search

habik
10-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi ..have c550 with this rather strange issue

the lead egde is covered with smudges roughly 1 cm away from the edge and it appears only on the 1st A4, 2nd page is absolutelly fine...until the machine comes to holt ( replenish paper ) and then carries on and now occasionally it comes with first A4 again with markes on 1st cm and 2nd again OK

Funny is that A3 IS FINE ALL THE WAY....

its happening only on Black prints not on autocolor or Full Color.....

any ideas?

I have cleaned all 2nd transfer section and have new BK IU...

habik
10-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Hi ..have c550 with this rather strange issue

the lead egde is covered with smudges roughly 1 cm away from the edge and it appears only on the 1st A4, 2nd page is absolutelly fine...until the machine comes to holt ( replenish paper ) and then carries on and now occasionally it comes with first A4 again with markes on 1st cm and 2nd again OK

Funny is that A3 IS FINE ALL THE WAY....

its happening only on Black prints not on autocolor or Full Color.....

any ideas?

I have cleaned all 2nd transfer section and have new BK IU...

Here is a scan..now as I am looking at it it might be trail edge :(

Ianizer
10-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Might want to check those 2nd transfer values. Crank them on up to... I want to say 5?
-I

habik
10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks Ianizer

will try that now...and its definitely lead edge and only 1st page and only on greyscale..not on colour!!

habik
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Might want to check those 2nd transfer values. Crank them on up to... I want to say 5?
-I

Negative tried all the way to +5 and it did not make a difference :( any other suggestions as this is happenning on BW only I think it may to do with dislogging of 3 transfers in transfer belt and then the cleaning process is good however right when the belt is already in BW mode it tends to happen.

what you think of this analogy?

habik
10-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Negative tried all the way to +5 and it did not make a difference :( any other suggestions as this is happenning on BW only I think it may to do with dislogging of 3 transfers in transfer belt and then the cleaning process is good however right when the belt is already in BW mode it tends to happen.

what you think of this analogy?

as per bulletin:
- Mylar/guide on 2nd transfer is pristine clean and is there.
- Cranked the 2nd fine adjustment transfer by the max. of 500v (+5)

what is left is just new transfer roller and or faulty IU.

minimerlin
10-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Have you checked the back of the guide plate just below the transfer belt..the one that is removed before the belt will slide out? If there is a build up of toner behind it, that can cause the problem you have. Had it twice today !

EarthKmTech
10-13-2011, 09:50 PM
had this exact issue the other day.

it was the transfer belt, replaced it and problem solved.

habik
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
had this exact issue the other day.

it was the transfer belt, replaced it and problem solved.

I am inclining more to your version as this issue is happening only when printing in BW and mainly on A4 ...as 3 colour 1st transfer rollers are detached it could cause a temporary release of toner from cleaning blade in form of dirt toner and it is transfered on paper.

Thanks PERTHKMTECH !:D

habik
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Have you checked the back of the guide plate just below the transfer belt..the one that is removed before the belt will slide out? If there is a build up of toner behind it, that can cause the problem you have. Had it twice today !

Will do this prior to exchange of transfer belt. Thank you!!

prasad
10-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Try running stablization and then run a copy. If the 1st copy has this mark and clears out the 2nd onwards. I had this problem and ended up being a HV. Poor cleaning after stablization due to excessive amount of toner put on the transfer belt during stablization.

Laserbeam
10-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi,

yesterday I had exactly the same problem. An exchange of fixing unit and IU-black (from another C550) was not successful. I also think, the problem comes from the transver-belt unit. Today I will check the cleaning-section from the belt or I replace the transver-belt with a new one.

habik
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Try running stablization and then run a copy. If the 1st copy has this mark and clears out the 2nd onwards. I had this problem and ended up being a HV. Poor cleaning after stablization due to excessive amount of toner put on the transfer belt during stablization.

By ended up being HV - do you mean your voltage was too high ?
or
The actual HV - Unit was causing the fault?

<my next step will be to go down to -5 as --silly me haven't got that way :)

tech51
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
What level of firmware is it on?
There was a special firmware release for this on C451/550 in the early days. I have a few on my area that have to run this rom...

Laserbeam
10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Hallo,

today I had cleaned the cleaning-unit from the transver-belt and now all works fine. This was the solution!!!
If the symptom reappears, I'll replace the transver-belt unit.

Custom Search