PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous crooked copy on Konica C500

Custom Search

henry finley
10-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Thank you. On a Konica C500 running off a Fiery s300, v2, I have crooked copy on the outputs. That is to say, on the bypass tray as the feed tray. I do not know about the 3 drawers for paper; as I use the bypass for everything. Cropmarks do not line up satisfactorally for multiple-up job runs, like 12 on a sheet for later cutting. It's just plain crooked, and I see no reference to this problem in the manuals anywhere. Anybody have a clue? FYI--I'm a pretty fair technician on these things, so I can keep up with an expert, should one answer this post. Crooked copy. Thank you.

RRodgers
10-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Thank you. On a Konica C500 running off a Fiery s300, v2, I have crooked copy on the outputs. That is to say, on the bypass tray as the feed tray. I do not know about the 3 drawers for paper; as I use the bypass for everything. Cropmarks do not line up satisfactorally for multiple-up job runs, like 12 on a sheet for later cutting. It's just plain crooked, and I see no reference to this problem in the manuals anywhere. Anybody have a clue? FYI--I'm a pretty fair technician on these things, so I can keep up with an expert, should one answer this post. Crooked copy. Thank you.

Easy, I see it every now and then. Slide out the ADU and look to see were the paper leave the "machine side" and enters the ADU. Be sure that the plate that is at the ADU entrance is not bowed. It always bow's up. It's the plate right below the feed tire for the bypass. It should have two white rollers on it held to the plate with a couple of springs. Also, look inside the machine toward the right side when it comes out of the machine and enters the ADU, paper ALWAYS get's caught up in there. Just follow the paper path and you'll see it. One easy way is to get a piece of card stock and open the right side jam door and just use that to clean out any paper that is stuck in the path. If it's there, you'll hear/hit it.

Gl and HTH

henry finley
10-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Easy, I see it every now and then. Slide out the ADU and look to see were the paper leave the "machine side" and enters the ADU. Be sure that the plate that is at the ADU entrance is not bowed. It always bow's up. It's the plate right below the feed tire for the bypass. It should have two white rollers on it held to the plate with a couple of springs. Also, look inside the machine toward the right side when it comes out of the machine and enters the ADU, paper ALWAYS get's caught up in there. Just follow the paper path and you'll see it. One easy way is to get a piece of card stock and open the right side jam door and just use that to clean out any paper that is stuck in the path. If it's there, you'll hear/hit it.

Gl and HTH

Thank you for your answer. But I have a question as to a part that is NOT on the machine--someone took the part off, and it makes no sense to me as to why. It is the long flat bar with the little claws on it that goes on the non-drum side of the the transfer belt. The previous owner took it off and shipped it with the machine. Why he took it off is a mystery to me, but I just ran the machine like that because it worked fine. But could this missing bar be the cause of my crookedness/bad register situation. Thank you.

RRodgers
10-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I highly doubt it. The part you are refering too is to keep the paper from wrapping up on the transfer belt. It's the transfer belt seperation claws. It's probably the guide or a piece of paper stuck in the paper path as I discribed.

Custom Search