PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c450 error c-3101

Custom Search

dvrocketman
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi, I am experiencing an error upon starting the machine "malfunction detected, please contact your service representative." Error code is c-3101. I have already tried holding the "utility/counter" button and activating the "troubleshoot reset" option, to no avail. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Juggy
10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
C3101: Fusing Pressure Roller pressure/retraction failure

hi,

open the fuser unit out of the machine and you may find that the gear which drives the fuser unit at the behind which retracts the pressure roller must have been broken. This gear is located at machine frame where the fuser sits

dvrocketman
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply... I am not entirely familiar with this unit - the fuser is on the right side, correct? I opened the unit and inspected all the gears that are visible, I even turned them all by hand to ensure connectivity between gears... everything seems ok - when I start the machine with the cover open, it tells me to close the cover, then when i close it the machine says "ready" for a couple of seconds. After this, it "spins up", during which it seems to make a jamming kind of noise - then again with the error. Thanks for your help!

Juggy
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
thats exactly seems to be the gear problem. open up the fuser , two screws on the right side and connect on the left extreme on the fuser side. open up the output tray then you will find two plugs which supplies power to heater lamp remove them out then you can remove the fuser out of the machine then few the machine engine with out the fuser and you will find it. or call a technican

dvrocketman
10-03-2007, 07:45 PM
well, after further poking and prodding, I found the gears that raise/lower the pressure roller - the noise i hear is more accurately described as an electric motor noise - sounds like the motor that powers these gears is working very hard, but the gears are not broken. i moved them by hand to a position 90 degrees from the original (there is an egg-shaped roller in there that determines a stopping point?) and closed it up - everything's fine now. Curious, no?........ ***update - after a few minutes, I went back to the printer, same error displayed. Reset, moved roller gears again, closed cover, works fine. after printing test document I hear the same motor noise, and also a new noise that sounds like a gear is skipping teeth against another gear. Is it possible something could be jammed in there preventing full range of motion?

bgbas
10-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Have you actually removed the fuser to inspect the gear mentioned in the previous replies?
I think they are on the right track.:rolleyes:

dvrocketman
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
No, i havent completely removed the fuser assy, nor do I plan to disassemble an $18,000 machine on a whim. However, I noticed after my last post that the machine was making the skipping noise again, so I opened it and found a small piece of broken black plastic - looks similar to other mounting clips etc.. if I hold the pressure roller assy in place while I close the cover, it seems to work flawlessly - maybe this will be a temporary fix until we can get a repair technician out...

Thanks to all for your help!!!!

bgbas
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
This is not on a whim sir but good advice based on experience.
If you think removing the fuser is a big deal you must not be a tech.
Consider hiring one.;)

knightfall
10-04-2007, 04:09 PM
You say you would not disassemble an $18,000 equipment on a whim by removing the fuser unit to check on a gear but yet you are willing to short out all the boards and possibly the power supply because you want to save a few buck than to hire a technician so you come on to a copier forum to obtain technical information to help you solve your problem but when real technical work is needed you say you wont disassemble on a whim, this is why a service contract cost so much; for our technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills, know proper parts to order and the skills to put them in. Next time get a technician when you decide that you want to play around a device that uses electricity.

dvrocketman
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks again for all your help!

ebm
10-05-2007, 01:16 AM
I notice alot of posts on this forum are from end-users trying to fix their own machines or techs trying to repair models they are not authorized on. I guess there is no way to verify who is authorized or not. But, I think any tech can tell when a poster is not qualified to work on a model.

arash.k.e.a
03-18-2022, 07:29 PM
thats exactly seems to be the gear problem. open up the fuser , two screws on the right side and connect on the left extreme on the fuser side. open up the output tray then you will find two plugs which supplies power to heater lamp remove them out then you can remove the fuser out of the machine then few the machine engine with out the fuser and you will find it. or call a technican

i found this but cant understand gear … can you send me a picture of your fusing gear

Synthohol
03-18-2022, 07:45 PM
after 15 years?
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/52597d1601071871-bizhub-c450-error-c-3101-a-dead-jpg

arash.k.e.a
03-19-2022, 12:24 PM
😂😂😂😂 No, I'm another person who has had the same problem, and exactly this conversation that these two dear friends did 15 years ago has happened to me now and I do not know what to do! We live in Iran and these devices are very much on the market here (unfortunately or fortunately) Now no one is telling me to make this error and how to fix c3101 when I fixed everything? You can give a photo of the position of sector gears and springs

Custom Search