PDA

View Full Version : account track and authentication

Custom Search

rac1mar2
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone
i am trying to setup account track on c652
when i set it up i cannot print the data light flashes and no prints are printed
also what is the difference bertween account track and authentication do the two work together or do they have to be setup seperatly

thanks

rrrohan
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone
i am trying to setup account track on c652
when i set it up i cannot print the data light flashes and no prints are printed

did you setup the authentication in the print driver?

also what is the difference between account track and authentication do the two work together or do they have to be setup seperatly
account auth is to give permissions via username and passwords and/or card/biometric readers, account track is to track usage and yes there setup separate. but normally if you enable one you would enable both.

emujo
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Account track and user authentication are fairly close, both restrict the walk up and print users and track usage. We set up user authentication more often on color MFP because this app has a "public user" account that allows unrestricted black & white copy/print/scan (but can be tailored to suit the needs of the customer). Account track has no "public" user so everyone must login prior to copies and input the proper passowrd, and/or user name.

Using both together is a little tricky, but what this allows you to do is to set up groups that are going to use the copier/printer...

Not only can you give Mary, Joe, and Steve credentials to use the MFP features, but you can also put Mary, Joe and Steve into a department, or group and give the group certain limits...lets say Mary Joe and Steve are in accounting..you allow the accounting group 10K copies and any of the users assigned to the group can make copies/prints up to this limit. If you have a MFP in your warehouse I would recommend experimenting with this until you get the combos correct, as any mistakes will get you a "failed to authenticate" message. Emujo

ineo+6501
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
did you setup the authentication in the print driver?

account auth is to give permissions via username and passwords and/or card/biometric readers, account track is to track usage and yes there setup separate. but normally if you enable one you would enable both.

In the print driver there is a provision to setup account track & user authentication.

Open the printers folder in windows, right-click on the C652 and choose properties.
Choose the configure tab. Click obtain device information and then yes.
Click obtain settings and tick auto.
Then click apply.

Now choose the settings tab. Tick verify authentication settings before printing and popup authentication dialog when printing.
The matching account info must be entered into the correct boxes or the machine will never print.

Alternatively if you don't need to track prints you can set the machine to print without authentication in the same area in the administrator settings.

rac1mar2
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
thanks for replies
i understand it better now

Custom Search